Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An Interesting Celsior On Indian Ebay

OK, have a look at this...

http://www.ebay.in/itm/The-Magnificent-imported-Lexus-LS-400-Royalty-class-and-comfort-Personified-/261230973807?pt=IN_Automobiles_2&hash=item3cd294536f

Even in India it looks like they try and turn a Toyota into a Lexus by putting the wrong badge on it...

Those seats look pretty nice - but are they any more comfortable than the Lexus ones? (Pity about the after-market audio system.)

And are those one-piece headlights standard on Celsiors?

And those zebra mats - I'd love a set of those, seen them on non-UK LSs / Celsiors, but were they ever available in the UK?

Note that it doesn't have the fender pole, so possibly not a JDM model?

Where do you think a lot of your funny Rollexx come from. The Celsior is mild in comparison. At least it is a Toyota and not some old Morris with Lexus badges on. Mike

• Like 1

Hmm I contacted the buyer.... She replied with the steering wheel had been changed...

Good answer - A sales person trained in the art of objection handling - I suppose the next question is why doesn't it look like a Lexus under the bonnet?

I never knew fleabay was active in India.

Has anyone converted the price yet? It has the Rs symbol before the amount but the local currency is INR (Indian Rupees)

It certainly isn't a 1996 model, from the pictures the climate control and shifter date it as a 1993-1994 model.

Also there is no engine cover fitted.

It's the C-F package model so will have the heated reclining massage rear seats and seperate AC and audio controls as seen in the rear armrest.

To answer some questions.

The leather seats (some came with velour) are much the same as UK specification although mine are not heated.

All Celsiors had the one piece headlights as standard.

The "Zebra" mats are JDM only I have the same in mine but they are beige.

Fender poles were an option item so not fitted to all Celsiors.

You may also notice the lack of headlight washers and sunroof again a JDM trait.

The "expansion tank" at the front just behind the bumper is in fact the second windscreen washer bottle. The normal one is located in the passenger side wheel arch as on UK models. The idea apparently is you have 2 one with washer mix in it and the front one plain water so you 1st wash the windscreen and then rinse it with plain water. Push the stalk end button to wash and pull the stalk back to rinse.

Needless to say fine in warm Japan but in the UK I fill both with a mixture of cleaner and water incase it freezes and splits.

The auxilary cooling fan on the Celsior is hydraulically driven with a viscous coupling and sits behind the radiator.

I never knew fleabay was active in India.

Has anyone converted the price yet? It has the Rs symbol before the amount but the local currency is INR (Indian Rupees)

It certainly isn't a 1996 model, from the pictures the climate control and shifter date it as a 1993-1994 model.

Also there is no engine cover fitted.

It's the C-F package model so will have the heated reclining massage rear seats and seperate AC and audio controls as seen in the rear armrest.

To answer some questions.

The leather seats (some came with velour) are much the same as UK specification although mine are not heated.

All Celsiors had the one piece headlights as standard.

The "Zebra" mats are JDM only I have the same in mine but they are beige.

Fender poles were an option item so not fitted to all Celsiors.

You may also notice the lack of headlight washers and sunroof again a JDM trait.

The "expansion tank" at the front just behind the bumper is in fact the second windscreen washer bottle. The normal one is located in the passenger side wheel arch as on UK models. The idea apparently is you have 2 one with washer mix in it and the front one plain water so you 1st wash the windscreen and then rinse it with plain water. Push the stalk end button to wash and pull the stalk back to rinse.

Needless to say fine in warm Japan but in the UK I fill both with a mixture of cleaner and water incase it freezes and splits.

The auxilary cooling fan on the Celsior is hydraulically driven with a viscous coupling and sits behind the radiator.

£6485. Wow!

Where do you think a lot of your funny Rollexx come from. The Celsior is mild in comparison. At least it is a Toyota and not some old Morris with Lexus badges on. Mike

You mean like this old Peugeot TV ad Mike.

You mean like this old Peugeot TV ad Mike.

That shows you just how careful you need to be, they are so cleaver.

Always liked the quirky add-ons found on the Celsoirs. I like the extended rear light cluster, it's so over-the-top. But at six and a half grand I'd have to be a Maharajah to even think about buying it. By the way, my mk4 doesn't have an auxilliary fan either (2000).

Always liked the quirky add-ons found on the Celsoirs. I like the extended rear light cluster, it's so over-the-top. But at six and a half grand I'd have to be a Maharajah to even think about buying it. By the way, my mk4 doesn't have an auxilliary fan either (2000).

I did not know what a fender pole was so I investigated -

Very amusing.

Bren

The "Fender Pole" was apparently fitted in the Japanese version of the LS400 to assist Japanese drivers who ,lets say,were short of stature to help them judge the edge of the car when emerging from tight spaces,for example pulling out from behind another parked car.

Another little quirk is the tip on the top lights up when the side/headlights are switched on so even at night the thing can be seen.

Mine did have one fitted but apart from demonstrating it to the curious I never used it and you had to press a button to extend it but it auto retracted when the ignition was switched off.

It was never refitted after the accident but still in my garage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links