Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shocking Bottom Ball Joints

roach_308

I replaced bottom ball joints less that a month ago as previous ones only lasted 6 months before getting lots of play I didnt go for genuine even though I was going to as I had to change them but didnt have enough money at the time. Iv started getting creaking again and when on or near full lock and going forwards or reversing get a knock/creak and when I apply brakes when turming I get clicky creak noise. I checked all joints, bushes and all seam ok apart from bottom ball joints have alot of play in them again (fuming!!) however I feel it cant be just these making the noises (any thoughts) They are covered with 12 months warranty but would rather get genuine as I don't want to have to replace them every month. Here is a video I took to show play

Sorry for rambling abit but just cant believe how badthey are after only a month.

Thanks, Jason.

They're certainly shot, don't tell me cheap Chinese copies from that internet auction site.

The 12 month warranty will be interesting if they are Fleabay items as the warranty is only 45 days with anything from there.

I only paid £100.00 for a pair of OEM Lexus ones for my LS400, these have been on for 2 years up to now, the originals lasted 17 years!

I too looked at aftermarket ones but thought it would be false economy plus these bits are a major safety item and not to be scrimped on.

Contact our resident parts guru ACLex and see what he can do for you.

I'll definitely get geniune ones next he said they are oe spec and he's never had this issue with them and he had really good feedback but considering last ones lasted only 6 month not from same seller and now these only a month it's false economy and would be better off with genuines

Update! I showed video to supplier and he says that it's normal ball joimt movement but I said its not mot tester said it would fail for that so he's sending me nwe pair from different manufacture called firstline

Normal movement for a knackered ball joint maybe! I know it doesn't help you, but hopefully it helps others to realise it's not worth trying to save on such an important safety part.

I got new ones sent they where quite different but look more heavy duty however would fit flush as where the ball joint is pressed into housing was just catching the hub so grinned small layer of hub and fitted ok. I'm hoping these ones last as they look more heavy duty. I still have the same noise coming from car when turning and moving forward or backward slowly but bushes seem good could it be top ball joint it seemed ok but maybe when under load it has some play?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links