Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlining Query

Hi, I've just bought a very nice beige sunglasses holder off eBay, i think it was designed to replace the grab handle off a VW, the colour is a great match for my beige interior. Sadly the grab handle is too large and i found it would fit very nicely on the rooflining between the rear view mirror and the interior lights. My question is, would i be able to crew in two self tappin g screws to hold it firmly in place? I dont want the thing falling off and leaving tears in my headlining. Has anyone ever peeked under the rooflining?

Thanks

Ed

post-35003-0-31181100-1372504554_thumb.j

I wouldn't. It's not strong enough for that, and two little screw points will just rip out. You'll find even that without use, the road vibration will make it wobble and bounce, and eventually it will loosen off

Pop the interior light out so you can get to the back of the headlining and use these clips on the back of the self tapping screws.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/360258020325?var=lv&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=66

That would hold it.

A better job would be a gutter bolt and a nylon lock nut and two washers would hold it in place solid as a rock.

I've just done the job using Lance's suggestion, it seems to be holding and the headlining survived! Many thanks.

This is the item i used, a very nice fit and a very nice price! Keeps my shades safe and handy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beige-Roof-Mount-Sunglass-Holder-For-VW-Volkswagen-MK4-Golf-Jetta-Bora-Polo-9N3-/130924254142?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e7bb193be

post-35003-0-90160200-1372598021_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links