Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Power Door

Ok, just got my RX so apologies for the trivial question...

The guy I bought it off was told that you must not try shut the rear power door manually, as it might damage the motors - is this true?

I've been through the manual and can't see any warning about this (and there are enough warnings in there :eerrrmm: ).

Not had mine long but I do both as had not seen anything to the contrary . Assume that motor will last longer if not used all the time but as said an assumption.

Found mine handy already for the dreaded supermarket run.

Chris

it is fine to operate the RX tailgate manually, although you shouldn't whilst it is being powered. Don't slam it closed though, just gently close and let it automatically pull in and secure itself.

This may just be alternative manufacturer confusion. The Merc. ML for example doesn't like it if you try and manually operate an electric tailgate.

Thanks Colin good tom hear from someone in the know. That's how I close it.

Went for a test drive in a brand new Kuga and the very top of the range model I tried had a power rear door. Thought the new Kuga was a brilliant car .Until I drove the Rx and must say it is very ordinary by comparison.

Thanks again

Chris

• 4 months later...

Hi

I've just upgraded from a RX400h to RX450h, the tailgate will close via the button on the tailgate butr will not open via the button on the dashboard. I just get two beeps, anyone any ideas please?

John

Daft one - are the doors unlocked?

Certainly with the RX400, if the passenger doors are locked, the tailgates will not open: Beyond that a warranty issue surely or was it a private purchase?

Had two 400H's since they came out and have shut the tailgate on both of them manually most of the time. Wife tends to use the button, however I just reach up and pull it down. Like ColinBarber says I let it finally close itself and I do not slam it closed. Never had any issues with either car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links