Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I noticed today when cleaning out my car to Hoover that both my rear floor carpets were soaked. I have had the air con on and had been out for an hour or so.

The front carpets are dry so its only the rears effected.

It looks like the water has come from the plastic vents under the seats.

Does any know why this might of happened.

Carl

I've no knowledge specific to the IS250 about this, but that sort of problem suggests that the AC isn't draining condensed water as it should, so it's flowing along the lowest route it can.

Might be of some help:

http://my.is/forums/f154/where-ac-evaporator-drain-hose-located-431680/

One of the things you should do if you only use the AC infrequently, is to give it a proper clean to kill the bugs that can build biofilms that can block drains and cause smells. Easy to do e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einszett-Car-Conditioning-Cleaner-250ml/dp/B0002Z2MKO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373203060

Cheers, I suspect it is the plug needs removing. My air con doesn't smell and I have it on all the time and have never had wet floors untill now, hot weather etc.

Typical that Lexus hide the grommet above half the under side if the car.

Got the car going into Lexus Friday to have the grommet removed. Hours labour. In the mean time my wife is getting very sticky as I told her not to use the air con until its fixed as I don't want any more wet carpets.

I feel a bit guilty travelling around in the other Lexus with the aircon on full blast- lol

Yep, it is annoying as there is nothing worse than damp interior. It's all bone dry now as long as I keep off air con. Fingers crossed it will sort the problem but it certainly sounds to be the solution from the TSB.

Just to update on this thread, I had Lexus remove this grommet which cost me £76 and apparently was a real pain to do.

Anyway, after 300miles of flat out air conditioning, the car is dry with no wet spots so the removed grommet is certainly the cure to the problem should anyone else suddenly find themselves with wet carpets.

Carl

Just to update on this thread, I had Lexus remove this grommet which cost me £76 and apparently was a real pain to do.

Anyway, after 300miles of flat out air conditioning, the car is dry with no wet spots so the removed grommet is certainly the cure to the problem should anyone else suddenly find themselves with wet carpets.

Carl

I'm imagining they got a lovely lump of slime out of it... eww!

Access looked rather restricted in the PDF I linked to, hope I don't have it happen, but £76 isn't the end of the world.

Carl

I'm imagining they got a lovely lump of slime out of it... eww!

Access looked rather restricted in the PDF I linked to, hope I don't have it happen, but £76 isn't the end of the world.

They made a point of telling me it was a pita to do and required lowering the exhaust and prop shaft.

Definitely did the trick though.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links