Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Problem

hi there

my sister is having problems with the alarm on her 2003/53 is200 le auto, it has just started going off randomly throughout the night and is getting worse, just wondering if anybody has experianced the same problems, any advice would be very helpfull to us, thanks in advance.

rich

Yeah common problem this.

First thing to check is your Battery, if it's on it's way out it will set the alarm off if the voltage drops.

If the Battery is fine then it's most likely gonna be the interior sensor. Lexus will sort this with a new sensor for about £100 or the sensor can just be disconnected but then you may have issues with your insurance etc...

It'll have nothing to do with the key fob mate. I bet it's the interior sensor if you have a new Battery.

You can lock the car up without arming the alarm. Lock all doors using the power lock button on the drivers side then get out and just lock the drivers door with the key. The car will be all locked up but the alarm will not be on :)

Had the same problem, but if you lock the car with the fob by pressing the lock button twice it switches off the internal sensors, you will see that the indicators flash about 5 times, thats to tell you its double locked.

HTH...

Before you resort to disconnecting the alarm sensors, it is worth disconnecting the Battery completely (both terminals) and leave it disconnected overnight.

My car had the exact same issue as yours, and disconnecting and reconnecting the Battery appears to have resolved the issue for me.

I know it sounds like a random solution, but it is easy and free to do so why not give it a shot ;)

Good idea,

I did do that and I had a few weeks without the problem only for it to come back (twice) to haunt me!. Strangely, maybe coincidence, it only seemed to happen at night, in warm conditions....never got to the bottom of that, I was too fed up losing sleep and explaining to the neighbours.............

hi all

she said she has entered some sort of sequence using the fob to dissarm the internal sensor, she locked it last night using just the one press on the remote fob because see said double locking made it go off (before she had disabled the sensor) and all is well, but no alarm, so its sort of sorted,

janet, yes this only started happening to hers the last few nights randomly, but it was at night and warm? who knows.

but thanks for all the replys and its sort of fixed enough she can live with it.

I have the same problem - how do you disconnect the sensor in the interior light casing. Can't seem to get cover off. Useful to know for changing the bulb too. Cheers.

• 2 months later...

...think it's all there sedmund, by the way I did mention the sensor was disconnected to the insurance company, they were not concerned. (Must remember it's disconnected as it seems I will be selling my lovely sportcross soon...boo hoo !!!!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links