Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there, can anyone please help!!

My boot will now only open from the button by the steering wheel. I have just replaced the Battery in the key fob i use and the boot button will not work.

I have tried my spare fob and still the same. I have also tried the boot opener button in the glove box with no luck (what does this button do).

Has any one got any suggestion that I can try?

Regards,

Garry

I can confirm thet the button in the glove box is to activate or deactivate the boot opening.

So it only works with the key alone or

With Key and button by steering wheel + touch sensor on boot.

Thanks Dave, I never knew they had that.

Well that button works, so it kind of sorts my problem.

I've also just noticed the key hole to the opposite side.

Take a look at this pdf, I found it quite useful for features on the car. The next step i guess would be getting hold of the programming module.

www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS250_LPS.pdf

Thanks for that.

Some of those features would be handy. But as you say its getting hold of the programming module.

I wonder if these features work on the IS220D.

I have a problem on my IS250, that the boot control switch in the glove box keeps going into "locked" mode, presumably the door to the glove box has just enough vibration to it to nudge the button and cause it to lock the boot.

I fixed it by cutting up a sponge and gluing a piece of sponge to the door, so that it provides some support to the door and stops it hitting the switch. Seems to have done the job.

I've tried to reprogram the settings on mine, using the lexus dealer software (techstream) and a knock-off cable from eBay. The program just refuses to access those settings. No idea whether this is the cable, or the fact that the UK model can't be programmed in this way. I was able to get into the climate control system and adjust stuff like auto recirculation, smog sensor sensitivity and whether the compressor is activated automatically in defog mode; but lighting, locking, etc. were no go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links