Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 Year Running Report

Well my ISF is now about to hit the 5 year mark. I've never owned a car for more than 2 years, let alone nearly 5; so it shows the quality of car it really is!

My running report for 5 years (at the start of September) at 48,000 miles.

Warranty Repairs:

- Oil Pump (year 2)

- Drivers Seat (year 2)

- Water Pump (year 4)

Servicing:

- 3 Full Services

- 2 Intermediate Services

- 3 MoT's (by September)

Consumables:

- 3 sets of Front Tyres

- 3 sets of Rear Tyres

- One Front Windscreen

- Front Discs and Pad

- 2 Sets of Wipers

- Boot Lightbulb!

I would be interested to know how many ISF owners have been with the model for the duration?

• 3 weeks later...

Great report, hope she is proud :) pretty impressive for 5 y/o performance car with a V8. Another reason to go lexus :) I noticed my car has similar warranty claim on seat and also had 4 exhaust tips purchased over 2 years. wtf?

Mine is similar age and 44k miles and I've owned coming up for 1 year. No consumables yet just one minor service but as with you rears coming to end in next 5k. No issues what so ever.

Do you track your fuel / mpg for a laugh? I do; 5,774 miles, 2,223€ on fuel, 19.8 mpg average. Works out at 0.369€ per mile or 0.404 after expenses lol. MPG rate has steadily declined since ownership and more and more fun journeys out :)

I'm approaching 3 years of ownership and am planning on keeping mine until at least the 5 year point so any updates from others as the cars age are very useful.

I'm on 23000 miles with no expenses so far apart from routine servicing and extending the warrenty out to 5 years. And one MOT which needed no work to pass.

I'll need to get the first set of new tyres in a month or two.

At the last 6 monthly inspection the brakes were not even half worn.

What is the deal with the driver seat? What should I be looking for?

When I bought the car at 2000 miles / 8mths old from the dealer, the average mpg was 28. This was due to one of the senior salesmen commuting occasionally from Lancashire to Wolverhampton on the M6. I decided to keep an eye on the figure long term. By 6000 miles I was down below 22mpg overall, but am now up to 25.3 according to the trip computer. Not bad over 23000 miles and good evidence that it is possible to exceed the official average. I expect it is down to the engine loosening up, but also to me realising that having the sport button pressed for motorway trips is not particularly useful as it just burns fuel.

I'm on 65k and approaching 5 years with no faults at all.

One pair front disks and pads changed once all round. Two sets of tyres, 2nd set put on at 55k and not half worn yet. Not had any problems with the drivers seat.

Great report, hope she is proud :) pretty impressive for 5 y/o performance car with a V8. Another reason to go lexus :) I noticed my car has similar warranty claim on seat and also had 4 exhaust tips purchased over 2 years. wtf?

Mine is similar age and 44k miles and I've owned coming up for 1 year. No consumables yet just one minor service but as with you rears coming to end in next 5k. No issues what so ever.

Do you track your fuel / mpg for a laugh? I do; 5,774 miles, 2,223€ on fuel, 19.8 mpg average. Works out at 0.369€ per mile or 0.404 after expenses lol. MPG rate has steadily declined since ownership and more and more fun journeys out :)

When I was doing 16,000 miles/year, it was around the 21mpg, now at 6,000 miles/year it's around the 18's!

I'm approaching 3 years of ownership and am planning on keeping mine until at least the 5 year point so any updates from others as the cars age are very useful.

I'm on 23000 miles with no expenses so far apart from routine servicing and extending the warrenty out to 5 years. And one MOT which needed no work to pass.

I'll need to get the first set of new tyres in a month or two.

At the last 6 monthly inspection the brakes were not even half worn.

What is the deal with the driver seat? What should I be looking for?

When I bought the car at 2000 miles / 8mths old from the dealer, the average mpg was 28. This was due to one of the senior salesmen commuting occasionally from Lancashire to Wolverhampton on the M6. I decided to keep an eye on the figure long term. By 6000 miles I was down below 22mpg overall, but am now up to 25.3 according to the trip computer. Not bad over 23000 miles and good evidence that it is possible to exceed the official average. I expect it is down to the engine loosening up, but also to me realising that having the sport button pressed for motorway trips is not particularly useful as it just burns fuel.

After 2 years the drivers seat went very baggy in the centre. I think it's a general fault, but mine had gone, and it was only at the 2 year mark.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links