Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central Locking Problem

Hi all, im new to this site, I purchased a is200 2001 yesterday and im loving the car, obviously with its age it has a few small niggley bits that need doing e.g key casing broke, passanger mirror doesnt automatically fold in, Central locking doesnt work and rear drivers side window doesnt work, like I said there all small things, the locking and key are the main ones for me, I have researched the key so will be buying a new flip key from eBay, now the locking isnt working feom pressing the buttons on key (Battery my be dead but carnt change as the key has been put back together using bathroom sealer :D hence needing a new key lol) the locking doesnt work via key in door only drivers door locks and unlocks, the locking works fine feom the button on the door, I have tried the door dance but no joy its still the same, could this just be down to the key being broke?? Any ideas will be much appreciated

Paul

hi,with regards the central looking,I would have a new key cut,then some how open up the old fob,take the transponder out,open it up(two screws),change the Battery cr1616,screw it back together and put it into the new fob and test it to see if it works and then take it from there.

well it should,however if the key you have is a badly cut key/a copy of a copy could explain why it doesn't lock car.Try spraying some WD 40 behind the wing mirror that doesn't work and see if that gets it going,sometimes could just be an accumulation of dirt.

If all doors are unlocked, and you lock the drivers door with the key, only the drivers door will lock - the rest will remain unlocked.

If you lock all doors with the button on the drivers controls (with the ignition off) then lock the drivers door with the key, all doors will be locked, but using the key in the drivers door will only unlock the drivers door, not the rest (you need to use the button inside to unlock the rest of the doors)

If you have the ignition ON and press the lock button on the drivers controls (with the drivers door open) all door will lock, then unlock automatically. Not sure why - would make more sense to lock all doors except the open on, but there you go...

The alarm is also no activated by locking the drivers door with the key. (if you have locked all the doors from outside using the remote, and the alarm is activated, then unlocking with the key will trigger the alarm before the drivers door is even opened)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links