Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Suggestions For A Noob Is200 Owner

SpartanSv3

Hey guys just got myself an is200 and came down from an impreza sti so im kind of missing the kick lol, sooo i was thinking of modifiing the engine, now ive read about putting turbos and chargers in it but doing so seems to keep it under the 300bhp mark i wouldnt mind sitting at around 350.

Now i wouldnt be an engine nerd or anything so any info or sugestions would be great i also read about putting the supras twin turbo engine into the is200, by doing so how much modifications would need to be made to the engine bay and what other parts would need to be changed to accomadate the bigger engine.

I just want to have a rough idea so i know in my head what price im looking at and what im going for. Oh and the cars automatic would this affect anything in anyway.

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi and welcome :)

You won't get 350bhp from an IS200 unless you've got a spare £10k sitting around lol. Only way to get any power gain is forced induction. Charger will set u back £2k, turbo £5k upwards. Your looking at about 220bhp (charged) bit more turbo'd. To hit 350bhp you'll need to update all engine internals to handle the extra boost plus a massive turbo lol....cheaper to engine swap or buy an IS300 and boost that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links