Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All

Rosella

Hi,

Just placed my order for a used CT Premier and will pick up in the next week .

My present car is a Prius and soon will be my old car.

Can you kind people let me know what I need to look for when I pick my the Lexy does it have a key code like the Prius and also it comes with a can of Gunk so are we able to purchase a space saver, I have read a few posts on here regarding the matter but am still confused

Many thanks

Hi, in answer to your question about key code, you should get a small metal tag on one of the keys. Nothing as far as I know for radio codes etc.

You might want the dealer to enable or disable some of the features that you can't do yourself through the Navigation screen, there might be a link to the list somewhere on this site but I can't remember. If you go into the Lexus website and go under MY LEXUS you should be able to access the on line owners manual and one is called Personalisation or individualisation - well something like that.

I asked for the constant bleeping you get when selecting reverse to be replaced by one single bleep as it was confusing with parking sensors fitted. Plus on Premier I think you can ask for Global Closing or opening of the windows from the remote control.

What colour combination are you getting? - mine is Mesa Red with Ivory Leather and I love it, but not seen another. Just clocked up 1800 miles in mine in two weeks I have had it and still getting to grasp with all the features....

Hello Rosella,

welcome to the club and I hope that you enjoy your new CT. You must post some pics. of it when you have time, for us all to enjoy.

I cannot help with the technical bits, but if you look at the CT200h forum where I posted an item, 'New kid on the block, Space saver', dated 30th July, this shows how I overcame the space saver problem, with pics. You may find it of use.

I aquired my CT last December mainly for comfort and economy and am very pleased with both. I call him Mr. Jingles, silly to give a car a name I suppose, but if you ever had a Teddy bear, you will understand. I also joined 'Fuelly', to keep track of my economy, I get about 59/60mpg.

Drive carefully, not too heavy on the juice, and enjoy your new addition to your family.

Michael.

I

asked for the constant bleeping you get when selecting reverse to be

replaced by one single bleep as it was confusing with parking sensors

fitted. Plus on Premier I think you can ask for Global Closing or

opening of the windows from the remote cont

Can

the reversing beep be turned off without going to the dealers? As we

had an extremely poor experience with the dealer I do not want to have

to return it more than necessary. Shame really as it has tainted my

opinion of Lexus as a brand.

The car is proving

very comfortable, easy to drive, not as economical as others as others

on here (now at 49mpg so not to shaby). Don't know where the online

reveiws have come from that criticise the ride quality / engine noise as

we have no issue with the ride quality and yes the engine is load if

thrashed but so are most others.

We did struggle

to get our luggage in the boot last weekend (only two of us plus dog)

and then we tried to get 5 adults into the car - what a joke - pointless

really having the middle belt as its only really suitable for 4 adults

if they want to travel in comfort.

Agree with the comments over the reviews, you would never buy one if you relied on them.

Unfortunately the reversing bleep can only be changed at the dealers

Yes the boot is quite tight, we have three children and they fit in the back okay but when we go away for the weekend we have to take our Ford S Max.

Just done another 700 miles this week and the average fuel consumption is now 59mpg on the readout which is about 55mpg in reality. Seeing most of this has been motorway work, quite pleased.

Ok we'll have to put up with the annoying beep. I will ask on the service but won't get my hopes up and see if the local dealers are more customer focused.

OH has gone out with 3 friends and they have commented how comfortable the car is on a reasonable journey, I think trying to get five adults in was just being a touch too hopeful given the CT is a fairly compact car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links