Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential New Owner: Things To Look For

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PS. The plate isnt mine, it'll go to a 58 plate when DVLA do their thing. I prefer that, as I want the car to be as low profile as it can be considering what's under the bonnet.

Had a good thrash on some roads I know fairly late on Monday night and it was good fun. It didnt always change down (non sport mode) when I flicked the paddle so that is something I'll have to learn and once or twice it changed gear mid corner when I wasnt expecting (again not sport mode, this time in D)

Darn fast thing though. Great fun.

Looks fantastic. Best colour!

Just one thing, your alloys on the back are on the wrong way round. They are stamped on the inside with the details of each axel point they should be mounted on. Its so the blades on the alloys direct cool air onto the brakes.

PS. The plate isnt mine, it'll go to a 58 plate when DVLA do their thing. I prefer that, as I want the car to be as low profile as it can be considering what's under the bonnet.

Had a good thrash on some roads I know fairly late on Monday night and it was good fun. It didnt always change down (non sport mode) when I flicked the paddle so that is something I'll have to learn and once or twice it changed gear mid corner when I wasnt expecting (again not sport mode, this time in D)

Darn fast thing though. Great fun.

Yes in sports mode. It will change down quick and blip the throttle. Also won't change gear when you go round corners.

Steve, potential life saver on the wheels. Thank you. That's what so darn great about owners clubs. wonder if the tyres are unidirectional?

Not unidirectional as you have the Bridgestones. Just swap the two back wheels over.

Stick it manual mode it will do exactly as you tell it, so no auto down changes mid corner!!! If you use the paddles in auto mode you don't actually control anything other than limit the gearbox to that as the highest gear. It also won't let you change down as early.

The down change blips happen in Manual even without the sport button on.

I've used the car quite a bit in the last week with a trip from Kent to Yorkshire as well as a number of smaller trips around Kent.

One thing I've noticed is that cars in front seem to get out of the way on the motorway. I'm not a tailgater at all, I leave a good gap but even so they seem to move quite quickly when I come up. I wonder if the car has quite a presence in the rear view mirror what with that bloody big bonnet bulge.

I used a hand car wash - I wouldnt normally but I was on the way to a client and the car was filthy after 400 miles the previous couple of days - and they were intrigued as to what it was. Interestng really as I'm used to it in the Lotus but you tend to get "nice car, how fast is it?" in the lotus (whereas the correct question should be 'how much does it weigh?'). The ISF just got curious glances as people saw the bulges and wheels and wondered what it was.

Also when you stop after a decent run and open the drivers door, you can feel the heat from the engine wafting in the door. Never noticed that on any other car before.

One query you may be able to help with, save me looking for it in the manual. The rear doors remain locked when I get out the car. Any idea how to get them to unlock automatically?

Dave

There is some settings witchcraft for the doors on all IS models. When I got mine, only the drivers door would unlock when I stopped. When it was in for a service I asked them to change it so when I put it in Park, all the doors unlocked. It still allows me to sit at the lights with it in Neutral knowing the doors are locked to keep hijackers or bagsnatchers out, but doesn't then irritate me when passengers want to dismount at the end of the journey.

I'm not sure if you can reset it yourself. I seem to remember looking in the manual and finding nothing, hence the request to the dealer.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links