Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I can't answer that. But I do know that as a rule-of-thumb, TV costs at least 10 x that for radio to produce.

Now, just imagine that it used to be your car....

I think most of Top Gear is filmed rather than using bog standard broadcast quality video and filming is amazingly expensive. Hey its only TV licence payers money. Mike

Nope, all shot on video, but expertly shot, edited and graded. You'd be surprised how good modern videocameras are, and how cheap too.

TG makes the BBC a shed-load of cash, which is why it gets the big budget treatment. The programme has been syndicated around the world. I think the video clip shown is a DVD and nothing to do with the BBC - although the same production team were probably used (they're freelance).

Personally, seeing that LS destroyed doesn't bother me one bit. There are plenty of them around, the dodgy ones will end up at the scrap yard,the good ones will be cherished and become classics. The same objections were raised when they destroyed the Morris Marina.

I can't answer that. But I do know that as a rule-of-thumb, TV costs at least 10 x that for radio to produce.

Now, just imagine that it used to be your car....

I think most of Top Gear is filmed rather than using bog standard broadcast quality video and filming is amazingly expensive. Hey its only TV licence payers money. Mike

Nope, all shot on video, but expertly shot, edited and graded. You'd be surprised how good modern videocameras are, and how cheap too.

TG makes the BBC a shed-load of cash, which is why it gets the big budget treatment. The programme has been syndicated around the world. I think the video clip shown is a DVD and nothing to do with the BBC - although the same production team were probably used (they're freelance).

Personally, seeing that LS destroyed doesn't bother me one bit. There are plenty of them around, the dodgy ones will end up at the scrap yard,the good ones will be cherished and become classics. The same objections were raised when they destroyed the Morris Marina.

I was just quoting what I had been told by a member of a film crew that used to do a lot of the filming. I know that the Beeb makes a small fortune out of the program but my problem with the Beeb is that they have a duty to provide programs with good intellectual quality and that is sadly missing.

I don't mind the odd bit of tyre smoking but about the only item that doesn't is when they are interviewing someone.

I know they aren't the only motoring program that is guilty of this but the Beeb can make programs which don't have to worry to much about viewer ratings. I would love to see a much broader mixture of topics within the program to tackle all sorts of issues. Mike

There's no need for a television programme that reviews cars and provides some form of intellectual stimulation; that's what magazines and the internet are for. You might as well complain that Blackadder wasn't historically accurate.

Like it or not, Clarkson and Andy Wilman have produced a format which is loved and watched by millions - the BBC ain't going to change that.

There's no need for a television programme that reviews cars and provides some form of intellectual stimulation; that's what magazines and the internet are for. You might as well complain that Blackadder wasn't historically accurate.

Like it or not, Clarkson and Andy Wilman have produced a format which is loved and watched by millions - the BBC ain't going to change that.

Blackadder? I would rather watch a plastic skip rust.

Cant agree on your take of program content. Its not about making fortunes with the Beeb. They have a charter to provide programs with quality content and TG misses the mark by a mile Mike

After scrapping my previous 92LS, I have been called a 'car killer'. However, the cost of an MOT alone meant it was a write-off. Though it drove well, there were a multitude of other problems. So, I prefer the expression 'bangernomics'.

Well, having admitted my guilt, let me lead on to the reason for this posting. You may be interested to learn of others who have also 'abused' Lexus' Luxury Sedan: Fifth Gear

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links