Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not a good day for my Lexus. Came home in my wife's Subaru this evening to find a tractor falling to squeeze past my LS on the country lane where we live. I've had cars outside the house for the past 18 years without incident - but this tractor was in the middle of ripping off my sidelight pod, and putting a deep gouge into the front wing and driver's door. Poor thing! Farmer ( lives 2 doors up from us) will pay for the repairs. But I think it might need a new door and wing and I don't think Mr Farmer has an idea about the cost of Lexus parts......

Grrrrrr!!!

Not a good day for my Lexus. Came home in my wife's Subaru this evening to find a tractor falling to squeeze past my LS on the country lane where we live. I've had cars outside the house for the past 18 years without incident - but this tractor was in the middle of ripping off my sidelight pod, and putting a deep gouge into the front wing and driver's door. Poor thing! Farmer ( lives 2 doors up from us) will pay for the repairs. But I think it might need a new door and wing and I don't think Mr Farmer has an idea about the cost of Lexus parts......

Grrrrrr!!!

Rotten luck. Mike

I.m breaking a 1997 in silver if you need a wing and door :)

Steve, I presume the 97 is a Mk4? In which case perhaps you could let me know the price of a drivers side front wing? Consensus is that it is too damaged to repair. They reckon they can do the door ok.

It is a real drag and I did feel pretty angry and protective over my baby! Especially as it was so un-necessary - there was loads of room. Still, no blood spilled - yet!

Hi

Regarding the door I would punt for putting on a good replacement door rather than a repair, the door will go through a lot more trauma having a skin replaced at worst and filled at nearly worst than a proper strip and respray.

Quote is £870 inc VAT. New wing quoted at £120 + VAT - less than I thought it would be!

Also another £360 for the damage to my wife's Subaru....as he was parking up to inspect the damage. I suspect it won't be a good weekend for the farmer.....

You are joking, he hit the scooby whilst parking after hitting the lexus, i would be reporting this farmer to dvla, he obviously is incapable of driving, consider the carnage that can be done with some of them big farm machines. I drive a 40ton truck and i have seen what can be done, and it's not pretty.

I.m breaking a 1997 in silver if you need a wing and door :)

Steve, I presume the 97 is a Mk4? In which case perhaps you could let me know the price of a drivers side front wing? Consensus is that it is too damaged to repair. They reckon they can do the door ok.

It is a real drag and I did feel pretty angry and protective over my baby! Especially as it was so un-necessary - there was loads of room. Still, no blood spilled - yet!

No sorry I have a late Mk3 so you must have an early Mk4.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links