Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti Glare Hb4R/9006R Hid Bulbs

petayV8

I was picking my wife up the other day and she was waiting for me outside her friends house and she said that my HIDs were quite dazzling. Ive never really looked from a distance so i had a look last night i they are more dazzling than i thought. I know the cheap kits will always have a bad light pattern but didnt think that bad.

I refuse to pay stupid money for those HIDS4U bulbs that just have a bit of tape stuck to the bulb so i just copied the design :)

I used a black soda can and cut out the metal in the shape of the antiglare type bulbs and from what i can see it has worked a treat. When its dark ill have another look and take a picture
bulb_hb4r_left_500_zpse2cac911.jpg

2013-09-02_14-04-49_608_zps5cb48d89.jpg

Cheap kits from eBay are always recognisable from a distance to me. I bought the HIDS4U bulbs, even though the IS bulbs are offset for some reason, they still look better. You won't find a stock look cheap kit, you'll think they're great looking close up and by brightness but the scatter, dazzle and temp from a distance is crap.

HIDS4U 5000k anti dazzle bulbs are the best I've used so far. Look almost OEM.

Yeah bought the bulbs separately, only because the ones that came with the kit were too blue.

Anyway went out last night and they werent dazzling anymore but the light pattern still isnt perfect. could do with doing it properly with some of the same paint stuff HID4U use

btw this is the difference between a HID4U bulb and a normal. so why do you pay triple for a bit of paint?

bulb_hb4_left_750_zps8d02b915.jpg

bulb_hb4r_left_500_zpse2cac911.jpg

Whether it's a cheap set or not, you'll get bad beam in a headlight that is designed for filament bulbs, as they are designed with a different beam pattern.

Filament bulb lamps have a kick up to the kerb as you look from the drivers seat, so the light is focussed on the road and up onto the kerb side.

As HID lamps are so bright, they don't have this kick and generally have a flat beam, sort of what you create when you go abroad and fit beam guards. That's a great alternative!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links