Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should I Take My 2Week Old Rx400H Back For Newer

hi all,

due to the recall happening and the pain it will cause me, i started to look at what i could do and options etc..

anyway i stumbled upon the local dealer having a 08 plate with 20kmiles.

mine is 2.5 weeks old 57plate 50k on the clock. I'm sure only a few more grand and it may be a better deal.

both SE.

only difference is that the 08 is silver and has black leather,

mine is the dark grey with pembrooke, not sure if the leather is the same.

its small things.

And as the 08 plate will be affected by the recall it could be done prior to handover.

should i start negotiating a swap? as im under the 30days to return etc...

hi all,

due to the recall happening and the pain it will cause me, i started to look at what i could do and options etc..

anyway i stumbled upon the local dealer having a 08 plate with 20kmiles.

mine is 2.5 weeks old 57plate 50k on the clock. I'm sure only a few more grand and it may be a better deal.

both SE.

only difference is that the 08 is silver and has black leather,

mine is the dark grey with pembrooke, not sure if the leather is the same.

its small things.

And as the 08 plate will be affected by the recall it could be done prior to handover.

should i start negotiating a swap? as im under the 30days to return etc...

The recall will be no greater deal than a service so I am unsure why you have reacted thus. What don't you like about your existing car to prompt this - or do you just want to deal with buyer's remorse?

i think you may have misunderstood. (more likely i should have explained better)

because of the recall i was looking at many things and was seeing what else was up for grabs then started to relax about it all.

im only looking at the option of being able to get a slightly newer low millage rx400 as ive only got a touch over a week left before the 30 days ends.

the reason is its 30k miles less than mine and just slightly newer.

im trying to think longer term when i trade back in, less miles hope to achieve a better return. in 3 years.

along the lines of take mine back, pay couple grand more and hope to get a bit more back in a few years when i upgrade as ill only do about 5k miles a year.

or stick 49k mile. they are both the same car apart from colour, not really fussed as its for wife im only weekend driver.

just to add i love the car, its just when you see something newer and there is an opportunity to do something about you explore all the avenues.

A difficult decision, I'm not sure you will get the two grand back if you go for the newer one when you come to sell it. Also personally I think any colour leather apart from black is more desirable. Got to stress though its abpersonal choice. My advice? Stick with what you've got? Let us know what you decide to do?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links