Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Video

A couple of months ago, whilst researching the IS300H on line, I came across a rather good video. It showed an IS being driven at speed in a warehouse which looked a bit like a film set, with lights on stands etc, and the IS was using these as a slalom course. At the end, the IS stopped with one of its front wheels on a pad on the floor which set off a light display. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark the site and I can't find it again. Has anyone else seen it, and can they direct me to it?

Hi Roger. Unfortunately no, this isn't the video - I haven't seen this one before. But thanks for the effort.

I don't have my IS yet, the dealership say it will be with them on Sep 13th, so allowing a couple of days or so for preparation and the fact that the 14th/15th are a weekend, then I expect to pick it up about the 16th. Based on several test drives, the ISdoes not have the instant urge at any speed of the Jaguar: in the IS there is a slight but noticeable throttle lag - a bit like an early turbocharged car. Having said that, it is deceptively fast. I think partly because it is so quite and refined you do not realise how fast you are going. It is definitely quieter than the Jag around town in EV mode, and maybe slightly quieter on motorways (though there isn't a lot in it). The low speed ride is noticeably better than the Jag, the high speed ride about the same (which is very good). In terms of handling, the Jag is sublime and the IS is not quite as good, though it is still very good indeed. I'll post an update after I've had the car for while.

Hi Roger. Unfortunately no, this isn't the video - I haven't seen this one before. But thanks for the effort.

I don't have my IS yet, the dealership say it will be with them on Sep 13th, so allowing a couple of days or so for preparation and the fact that the 14th/15th are a weekend, then I expect to pick it up about the 16th. Based on several test drives, the ISdoes not have the instant urge at any speed of the Jaguar: in the IS there is a slight but noticeable throttle lag - a bit like an early turbocharged car. Having said that, it is deceptively fast. I think partly because it is so quite and refined you do not realise how fast you are going. It is definitely quieter than the Jag around town in EV mode, and maybe slightly quieter on motorways (though there isn't a lot in it). The low speed ride is noticeably better than the Jag, the high speed ride about the same (which is very good). In terms of handling, the Jag is sublime and the IS is not quite as good, though it is still very good indeed. I'll post an update after I've had the car for while.

I think this is the one you are after Rob - I'd seen it months ago on the Club Lexus forum - excellent one it is too!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/692853-the-amazing-shots-project-2014-lexus-is.html

Hi Rob, I'm really heartened by your comment that the low speed ride in the IS300h is noticeably better than your Jaguar XF. I've always found Jaguars to be among the best in terms of ride comfort. If the IS300h exceeds that standard, Lexus must have made significant improvements over my 2nd generation IS in which I find the ride just a little on the firm side. Hope you enjoy your new Lexus and I look forward to your update.

>Hi Roger. Unfortunately no, this isn't the video - I haven't seen this one before. But thanks for the effort.

I think this is the one you are after Rob - I'd seen it months ago on the Club Lexus forum - excellent one it is too!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/692853-the-amazing-shots-project-2014-lexus-is.html

That's the one! Brilliant, thanks very much.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links