Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my air con has suddenly stopped working for some unknown reason.

when i press the control button on the dash it illuminates but nothing happens, i have checked all the wiring making sure all the connecting blocks are connected.

i have checked for a live on the compressor but wherever i check cannot find one . this is leading me to think that i have a fuse / relay down, does anybody know where they are?

i have checked under the bonnet and drivers footwell fuse boxes, are there any more?

Jaybo.

Is your compressor kicking in when the light comes on? I think they may have an inbuilt thermal link which melts if the gas gets to low in the compressor. Im not to well up on Modern air con but my older cars have this as a safety feature.

dont know if this helps but the following will stop the a/c from working....coolant temp signal is to high...signalthat the temperature at the air outlet is low...a big difference between engine speed and compressor speed....and most likely the refigerant pressure is unusally high or low :yawn: :duh:

cheers for the info guys

i'm checking a few leads as we speak

1. solar sensor

2. coolant temp sensor

just had it re-gased on saturday and its not worked proper since.

when he gased it up first time it was reading high pressure so he emptied it and re-gased , everything then read fine. about an 2 hours later it all stopped

On the MK2, you can hold the AUTO+RECIRC buttons while turning on the ignition and diagnostic codes will be flashed up in the display. Then it's just a question of asking someone with the service manuals what the damn codes mean!

done that aready.

thats how i got to know about these sensors. just waiting for my buddie JAC114 to come up with some more info for me

as regards to taking it back if i see his paltry face again i wouldn't be responsable for my actions, its been in and out 6 tmes in the last 4 months with the same thing (leaking from the top of the dryer). Still don't know if the leak has stopped as i can't test it

me think it may be time for trusty old trading standards to get involved

It can be a real pain sussing out aircon problems. I have been told that the wrong gas can turn pin holes into black holes. A good place to check for pressure leaks is the condenser. My Supras condenser fell apart after a re gas and that was caused by me being to eager to see if I could get it any cooler.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links