Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

This is my first time as any kind of forum member and my first time as a Lexus owner,

It may take me a little while to get the hang of using the Forum but I am definatly getting the hang of driving my LS400, What a car! I've been a Merc driver for many years, but the newer they got the more trouble I had. I ended up scratching around looking for anything Merc over 20years old just to stay with the brand and get the build quality. Anyhow after much research I discovered the jewel that is the mk4 LS400, (pity there's not an estate version). My research started with a search for "The most reliable car built in the last 20 years" warranty data puts the LS400 at no1 by a long way. I then studied this forum to see feedback from owners. The original plan was to convert to gas but as I'm getting over 30 MPG on runs and an overall average after 2000 miles of 28 MPG so I'm not so sure It's such a good idea.

As i only do 10k per annum it would take a long time to break even on the investment, any thoughts on this subject gratefully received.

So I started my search for a car, finally found a 1999 mk4 with 3 owners and 89k on the clock, full service history. bonnet struts done, suspension done, cambelt done, new MOT. Snatched it off an Indy Toyota dealer in Norfolk For 2.2k. They took it in PX for a LS430 from a regular client so had done all the work themselves. Still getting used to the slightly under finished interior and "Yank" style steering but a small price to pay such a great car overall. I will have questions so I look forward to interacting with you all in the future!

As others say, once a Lexus driver hard to go back to anything else.

Your comment on the Steering and under-finish - having driven a number of Detroit Dustbins in my days of USA I am not sure what you mean, I always found steering yank cars only slightly more responsive than an ocean going oil tanker, which is not how my LS behaves.

Under-finish - I quite like it, I hate modern cars which are all identikit Germanic looky-likely with dashboard that try to be TRON stylee. Most of my teenage lads mates thing the Lexi is cool.

My dads first car was an Austin Cambridge and the LS 400 reminds me of that (but a million times nicer to drive) - so a bit retro makes it stand out, and a lot easier to keep the interior looking good as it is all so simple.

Enjoy cheap luxury driving, LPG or no LPG.

OMG .......... my 4th. car was a Wolseley 16/60 ....... A60, Austin Cambridge style ............ which I bought in about 1973 ?? at 4 yrs old !! ....... leather seats etc ......... like my Lexii too ................. :driving:

Malc

OMG .......... my 4th. car was a Wolseley 16/60 ....... A60, Austin Cambridge style ............ which I bought in about 1973 ?? at 4 yrs old !! ....... leather seats etc ......... like my Lexii too ................. :driving:

Malc

Just goes to prove repressed memories always surface :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links