Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So post wheel align and balance, notice last night when out that there is a very odd chuffing noise.

Did not notice on way home from ATS, as had stereo up far too loud.

So this morning on way to work had a good listen.

The sound is related to wheel rotation, and at 5-10 mph barely noticed even with window down.

Above 15mph cars sounds like a steam engine (a bit like the sound you get when a gasket is going big time, or as if a tyre is leaking like mad - which it is not).

Matters not whether on left of right lock or braking.

So taken in back to ATS to get them to see if they did anything odd yesterday.

But any other ideas appreciated, as always worry that something like this is rubbing something else that will cost a fortune to sort out if not dealt with.

The weights they put on are catching on the brake caliper. They need to take them off and reposition them Goodluck Mike

Is this becuase the offset is a bit tight on these cars

No it's the fact there is very little clearance between the inside of the rim and the brake caliper, we're talking a few mm so a stick on balance weight can easily fill that distance and then contact the disc when the wheel rotates.

The weights they put on are catching on the brake caliper. They need to take them off and reposition them Good luck Mike

Is this becuase the offset is a bit tight on these cars

It certainly is. I always have to remind my guy who does my wheels and tyres. Mike

Turns out that ATS had a newbie just joined doing the work yesterday and so no one told him about LS. The old lags were aware.

So they say all sorted and moved the weights.

So I am expecting the drive home to be 'chuff' free

Turns out that ATS had a newbie just joined doing the work yesterday and so no one told him about LS. The old lags were aware.

So they say all sorted and moved the weights.

So I am expecting the drive home to be 'chuff' free

Another small problem sorted. Well done. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links