Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyed Car... :(

Got to admit

That looks a hundreds times better, maybe another pass with the needle and the whole door buffed up should be near enough perfect glad to see it has worked to some extent thanks for the pics regards peter.

freaking haterz! they need to be keyed in the face so every time they look in the mirror they remember what they have done!

mine was done last year on rear quarter and bonnet. you could try this - get the touch up paint from lexus & touch it up lightly.

the next day touch it up again for a few days keep doing it.. then wet flap the section along scratch with p3000 paper & warm water. dry it up and use g3 polish with a mop machine all on that body part. eg door.

I have done this on mine and can not tell at all there was a scratch.

the other next cheap option is change the door in same colour.

worst case you get it sprayed hoping the anal holes don't come back again!

the deeper the scratch the harder it is but looking at yours it can be done and can come out 98% perfect at worst -

I was doing that yesterday, building up some paint and using 3000 wet and dry to lightly go over it then a compound and got it to the state it is now... I'll either have another go later or tomorrow and see if I can get it any better.

give it a few days of touch up. if its getting better and fading - its working -

you said 100 quid to get that scratch removed ? that's a brilliant price. he might do similar what your doing and mop that end to blend it all in. I would only use g3 polish with a decent mop. it does miracles!

Yeah the fella said he would sand the door and re spray them and then mop and polish the whole car to make the paint look like one as such, also gets rid of the swirls in the paint.... I'll end up getting him to do that in the end I reckon.

worth a try 1st. . you might get it away with it. patient game in the end. I think a 2nd hand door is around 40 odd quid. you can change that and mop the side up' but the spray price is good.

to be honest JPWilson you have done a good job with touching it up from the before and after pics.. I wouldn't bother spending any more ££'s on getting it to show room condition.. as you wont make the money back when you come to sell it on.. the buyer will still pay market rate for a 2001 IS and wont pay more because its had new doors fitted or a paint respray done..keep the ££'s and enjoy your ride.. looks good and 99% of people wont notice unless you mention it or thay are looking really hard. :)

Yeah you're right Noby76... I love driving the car and you can just see the lines if you're looking for em, it just sticks in my throat ha ha and I want it mint...

As you say though, it may not be worth spending hundreds getting a couple of lines out...

On a side note... Can anyone recommend a decent touch screen double din stereo to replace my single din sony....

well your not wrong for having it mint or close to it. these cars are old now & any scratches or dents will make the car look tatty & show there age. I try to keep mine new as possible and it does not look like a 2000 model car even when next to a sort of brand new car.

the way these cars are designed its still not out of fashion and looks up to the years going of the future

I know they are not worth a lot for what you are getting & adding extra cash to it will be a loss when comes to a sale but the way I see is, if going to have a lexus keep it mint as possible & keep the status high up . . . just my thoughts -

well your not wrong for having it mint or close to it. these cars are old now & any scratches or dents will make the car look tatty & show there age. I try to keep mine new as possible and it does not look like a 2000 model car even when next to a sort of brand new car.

the way these cars are designed its still not out of fashion and looks up to the years going of the future

I know they are not worth a lot for what you are getting & adding extra cash to it will be a loss when comes to a sale but the way I see is, if going to have a lexus keep it mint as possible & keep the status high up . . . just my thoughts -

Totally agree. If kept clean and tidy these cars age extremely well, timeless design :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links