Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is250 2006 - Engine Performance

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me get some more power to my engine.

I don't normally drive like a looney but today a BMW 318i just left me on a straight at the lights. I tried but my engine was just not performing as it should and when I became stationary again the engine was a bit jerky for 2 to 3 second as if it was crying from the thrashing.

Do I need a remap, service although I had the 60,000 about 5,000 miles ago. If a remap is required does anyone know a good place in London or Essex

Don't know if you guys notice this but when I start the car after the night before it usually doesn't perform as it should and feels like hard work. This gets better after the engine has fully warmed up.

All comments will be appreciated, thank you

318 diesel or petrol shouldn't be able to out accelerate your IS250 both are about 50bhp down on power compared to yours..VVTi is what helps the engine perform better and my guess will be the ECU retards this a little when the engine is cold as to protect it from abuse as the mechanism uses warm engine oil to function smoothly hence the sluggishness when cold. No point thrashing a cold engine anyway doing more damage to it. below suggestions might solve your problem.

1. when was the last time it had a service? as things like old spark plugs, dirty air filter and oil could rob you of engine performance when not changed when they due.
  2. have it code read to see if its firing on all 6 cylinders.
  3. Get you one of these....

post-39192-0-27426700-1381268820_thumb.j

post-39192-0-70227000-1381268887_thumb.j

Thanks John for the advise :phone:

I would love to get the isF!!!!!!

But for now I think I will take my car to Nationals for the Oil/Filter only change as I had the full service 6 months ago which included the spark plugs.

Will get the codes read for a start.....

Thank you

I think it's carbon buildup. My car had the same issue when I first got it.

Try driving on a motorway at 80MPH in 4th Gear for a few miles.This should start burning off some of the carbon.

For your fuel line use something like BG or research Terraclean.

This is a problem with all cars that have Direct Injection engines.

ECT/PWR mode helps too. The car holds gears for much longer so you can get the engine worked up while driving in the city too.

Reset your ECU. The transmission adapts to the driver. So if previous owners used to drive in granny mode then that's how the car will respond.

Thanks Exdee,

Just had a look at Terracland and a place in Milton Keynes does it for £108 they are called Monster Sport Euroupe, wil give them a call.

What do you mean my "try BG" is that some sort of addittive you can by from like Halfords?

I will disconnect the Battery this evening to reset the ECU and see what its like.

Thanks for your help :phone:

Hi Guy's

One last questions...is the BG44K safe for the Lexus IS250 engine and the system?

I have read the review and most say its the best thing and some say its a con.

Has anyone tred it on a Lexus?....

Thanks

Yes I have used it..found it worked a treat. Used on my sons is200 (2001) too...again worked a treat.

Read some of the testimonials on the Powerenhancer website.

The bg44k is for petrol

The bg244 is for diesel

I have used 2 cans of this BG44 - used it on half a tank to give it a stronger mix and then on a full tank. Used it because the car felt it was holding back and it had the tell tale signs of carbon build up, what can be best described as shivering. Since I have used this the car has been fine.

Another symptom for the slow pick up in acceleration could be a blowing exhaust which I have also experienced and what you describe above was a symptom I had when my exhaust went. Exhaust repaired now and its like a rocket of the mark (using the gears)

Servicing helps - especially a clean air filter. I have used a K&N oiled one and there is a difference you can feel, especially in drive (if you have an automatic)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you once again.

Seems like good stuff...Just ordered one through PowerEnhancer

Hello ... Did you manage to resolve your problem ?

Hi T,

Yes the BG44K did help and I did notice a slight improvement in power however the biggest improvement is the engine being more smooth and no jerking/shaking.

The car performs much better when the engine is hot, but I guess this is normal and happens with all cars.

My next job will be to have the terraclean - They have offered a small discount for LCO see below:

"Hello, Yes this is subtle for nearly all cars, we could make a small discount to £80+VAT from £90 if thats of interest.

Yes we have a nice waiting area and you can have a look at the car running after we have connected the machine.

If this is on interest please give us a call 01908 231170.

kind regards

the Monster Sport Team"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270978348458?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D270978348458%26_rdc%3D1

Thanks

Thank you once again.

Seems like good stuff...Just ordered one through PowerEnhancer

Hello ... Did you manage to resolve your problem ?

Hi T,

Yes the BG44K did help and I did notice a slight improvement in power however the biggest improvement is the engine being more smooth and no jerking/shaking.

The car performs much better when the engine is hot, but I guess this is normal and happens with all cars.

My next job will be to have the terraclean - They have offered a small discount for LCO see below:

"Hello, Yes this is subtle for nearly all cars, we could make a small discount to £80+VAT from £90 if thats of interest.

Yes we have a nice waiting area and you can have a look at the car running after we have connected the machine.

If this is on interest please give us a call 01908 231170.

kind regards

the Monster Sport Team"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270978348458?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D270978348458%26_rdc%3D1

Thanks

ok ... where in London are you based ? would be great to have meet another lexus owner, did the bg44k help with fuel efficiency?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links