Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Well it looks like I am one of the 3 :( My version D software is not good. Sometimes loses phone favs. 9 times out of 10 when I press the voice button the system tells me it is initialising and voice recognition is not available at this time. When it is available and a say "Play Song High Hopes" I get "Dial 7304" or something equally stupid. Not impressed :(

Neil

DJP,

Was your move to version D software a self-install from the customer portal or a dealer install? Just wondering if I got the dealer to re-install it might solve my problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told by Lexus UK the E will be out next month. They didn't say what has been addressed though. I hope it sorts out my vanishing phone favourites and initialising voice activation issues. Not holding my breath though.

2D/3D Nav Screens with Split Screen route junctions on the Nav itself have been available since Launch.

Visited my Dealer who denied a D-Version was out & stated C was the only Option!

Tel

I can't find any settings that will give me a 3D option so any clues how i get it? Just about to try the upgrade to 'D' so maybe 3D will come with that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil

I bought my IS300h on the 19th of March and in light of the problem I'd encountered on my previous IS 250 SEL (losing phone Favourites and call history) I insisted my dealer (Nottingham) install version D. Initially I was told that it hadn't been released, but when I told them to ring Lexus Leicester to get it they obviously called Lexus UK again and got version D. It was installed by them before I took delivery of the car.

Until two weeks ago my phone (Iphone 5, running iOS 7.1.1) had been working fine, then I had a couple of occasions when the person I was calling said the reception was very poor and echoing - they could barely hear what I was saying. I put it down to a bad area for signal and thought no more about it.

Then, last week, all of my phone favourites records disappeared! In addition to this I've noticed that when I start the car the messages about the phone are now different. It used to just say Telephone Connected, now it displays three messages:

Message 1 is: Telephone Connected

Message 2 (about 10 seconds later) is: Contact & Call History Transfer Complete

Message 3 (about 3 seconds later) is: Audio Player Connected

I've no idea why it's start-up sequence has now changed as I haven't made any changes to settings, so I'm now going to have to take it back to see if Lexus Nottingham can work out what's going on. As other posters have said, this isn't a major problem, but I do want to be able to use the phone whilst on the move and above everything I want it to work as it should. Frankly it's poor for a brand that sets such a high standard for customer satisfaction.

I'll let you know if I get the problem fixed - maybe there's a version E of the software?

Robert

Robert,

You'd probably be wasting your time going back to Nottingham; I doubt they'll be able to fix it. I'm resigned to the fact that any fix anywhere on this car has to come all the way from Japan and that everyone there from the IS300h development team has moved on to screw up another model. The guys at the dealers are - sorry to say - mere button-pushers: the IS300h is for system administrators and not mechanics or technicians.

I've been quietly but fumingly awaiting the fix for my CVT resonance problem for the best part of 6 months and don't expect the solution any time soon. The IS300's amnesia with contacts both amuses and frustrates me: I've been through all the versions since August last year and how Lexus can't fix this simple little gremlin is beyond all comprehension. But that's the very least of my worries: being sent twice of thrice around roundabouts by the satnav, or off on wild-goose chases is witness of a software that just cannot be trusted - so what about the safety systems of the car that also rely on software?

If you want to know the extent Lexus Europe goes to for customer satisfaction and brand quality, just read the reply from their PR to my complaint under the "potential manufacturing defect" topic.

My first and certainly my very last Lexus. It's back to the Germans for me!

Hi Neil

I bought my IS300h on the 19th of March and in light of the problem I'd encountered on my previous IS 250 SEL (losing phone Favourites and call history) I insisted my dealer (Nottingham) install version D. Initially I was told that it hadn't been released, but when I told them to ring Lexus Leicester to get it they obviously called Lexus UK again and got version D. It was installed by them before I took delivery of the car.

Until two weeks ago my phone (iPhone 5, running iOS 7.1.1) had been working fine, then I had a couple of occasions when the person I was calling said the reception was very poor and echoing - they could barely hear what I was saying. I put it down to a bad area for signal and thought no more about it.

Then, last week, all of my phone favourites records disappeared! In addition to this I've noticed that when I start the car the messages about the phone are now different. It used to just say Telephone Connected, now it displays three messages:

Message 1 is: Telephone Connected

Message 2 (about 10 seconds later) is: Contact & Call History Transfer Complete

Message 3 (about 3 seconds later) is: Audio Player Connected

I've no idea why it's start-up sequence has now changed as I haven't made any changes to settings, so I'm now going to have to take it back to see if Lexus Nottingham can work out what's going on. As other posters have said, this isn't a major problem, but I do want to be able to use the phone whilst on the move and above everything I want it to work as it should. Frankly it's poor for a brand that sets such a high standard for customer satisfaction.

I'll let you know if I get the problem fixed - maybe there's a version E of the software?

Robert

I'm not sure it's of any help but mine goes through the same sequence as yours, and has done for as long as I can remember, but functions perfectly well. apart from the favourites dropping of course.

Yes, apart from the couple of occasions, when I'm sure the poor reception was the mobile network and not the car, plus the losing of favourites the phone has worked fine. I've just been looking on the My Lexus customer portal and see there is a version E of the software listed, so I reckon I will drop into Lexus Nottingham and ask about this the next time I'm passing. Who knows, I might get lucky! :D

This said the car is, in every other respect, fantastic to drive.

Version E available, that's good. You can download it yourself. I did D myself and will have a go with E over the weekend.

Where are you guys looking on the Portal to see Version E listed? I can only see the one for real-time traffic and that has been there ages and is Version D!!

Hey DJ, have you taken the plunge and bought the latest maps SD card ( via Additional Services on the Portal) assuming you have the Premium Nav that is! 165+VAT seems a bit steep in this day and age especially as there is no indication of what is different. Could have only added a couple of new roads for all I know!

Where are you guys looking on the Portal to see Version E listed? I can only see the one for real-time traffic and that has been there ages and is Version D!!

When you check phone compatibility and you click on (in my case, Premium Nav) there's then a drop down to select which firmware version you're using. 'E' shows up here but it isn't in the download section yet. Website doesn't stipulate what 'E' does or is.

Thanks Habu, I have the Premium Nav too so will check that out. Seems strange to be able to see it but not get it.

Bridgy, the £165 is about what Lexus charge for map updates although I think in the past I've got a discount from my dealer. That said, to have a brand new model that's only a few months old I would expect a map update to be free. I have also previously raised concerns with my dealer over the Nav routes compared to my 2nd Gen, so I'm wondering whether it's not just the odd road but a bit more than that. I'll speak to my dealer and let you know.

I'm not convinced the "E" version is correct for our cars. The version in my car ends 3101D, and there is no 3101E showing. Bridgy, when I take my SD card out it is showing the same reference number as on the website, 86271, so I don't think there is a map update either.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on both these as the software ain't 100% and neither are the maps IMO.

The ref number on my SD card is 53241. Looks like I could do with an update. I will see what Lexus Hatfield will do for me. I hope, since I have been badgering them about the shoddy software, they will give me a huge discount on the map update.

The ref number on my SD card is 53241. Looks like I could do with an update. I will see what Lexus Hatfield will do for me. I hope, since I have been badgering them about the shoddy software, they will give me a huge discount on the map update.

I don't quite get this. I got my car on the 1st September, how can you have an older version? Is yours the premium Nav?

Yes, mine is the Premium Nav. Not sure what that actually means though. Why would the maps be different?

I think the premium nav has the connected services, I don't think the maps should be different but I am guessing. It will be interesting what your dealer says because I don't see how cars such as ours that are brand new would have different versions. On cars that are a few years old fair enough, some people update and other don't bother.

It would be interesting to see what version others have. Unless the number on the SD card is not relevant, but that can't be right either as it's quoted on the portal.

I don't quite get this. I got my car on the 1st September, how can you have an older version? Is yours the premium Nav?

Mine's 53241 too. Got the car in March 2014 but the car was in stock so I don't know when it was delivered to the Centre.

Edit: the portal does suggest the map update is 86271 so I've just been out to read my SD card. My full number is 86271-53241. The SD card shown on the portal is 86271-53240.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links