Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

My full ref no on the card is 86271-53241. When I enter the 53241 part and click next, the portal displays details about the available update. I.e "Update Europe 2014(Q2) SD Card (Navteq 2013Q2)" If I put in 53242 and click next it says " It appears you already own the latest version of this map.)

So 86271-53242 is the latest. Mine needs an update :(

My full ref no on the card is 86271-53241. When I enter the 53241 part and click next, the portal displays details about the available update. I.e "Update Europe 2014(Q2) SD Card (Navteq 2013Q2)" If I put in 53242 and click next it says " It appears you already own the latest version of this map.)

So 86271-53242 is the latest. Mine needs an update :(

Ah, I see. Yes, you're right, 53242 does say you've got the latest map. So, being on 53241, I'm out of date, too.

Ah right, I wasn't checking the whole thing. I'm running 53240, which would make more sense as my car is older than you guys. I think I'll speak to my dealer and see if I can get a deal. Be interesting to hear if anyone gets a discount. I bet they'll say they get charged the full price by Lexus. Worth an ask though,

Well I have emailed the request to Lexus Hatfield and await the response as to what they can do for me re the latest map SD card. I will let you know how I get on.

Lol, automated response from my sales guy at Hatfield - " I am currently away on annual leave until 30th December". I WANT HIS JOB!!! 6 months annual leave! That's outrageous !!! Just hope someone else picks up his emails!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a trick to avoid the delay/lag when using the audio system as speaker for cellphone Bluetooth streaming?

When listen to the music or the general audio (notifications, app sounds, ecc..) I can clearly see a delay from the input to the output, this is noticeable in two situations:

1) Skipping song either from the steering wheel/console or directly from the cellphone --> audio starts playing 2-3 seconds from the input (note that the song is playing with no delay on the phone)

2) Using an app such a game --> audio not synchronized

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1020 and the audio for the callings is ok and so is the synching, the only problem affects the music streaming.

Rant on :

While I am mega happy with 99% of the things about my F-Sport, I am getting increasingly annyoed at the rubbish Nav system.

I travel a lot and spend majority of my travel time on the phone and trying to avoid traffic jams so the poor implementation of these is really starting to annoy me. Especially as I had a 'basic' nav in my merc and that was 1000% better.

Main issues :

Phone signal drops the connection in all sorts of blackspots where my merc never did

Text transmision to Nav randomely works and randomly doesn't (samsung galaxy S3)

Texts don't include name of sender but just the number

Bluetooth audio randomly stops working after interruption of a call/text and car or phone needs a restart to resolve

can't seem to get decent traffic info - even with the internet access and the constant looging into the portal reqt

There is also other minor stuff but I can't believe I am already regretting getting this car as everything else about it is so good.

This is the most expensive sat nav option around and the worst implementation.

Rant over

Interesting, Hopefully get my car this month and anything less than 53242 and they better update it FOC, let alone a discount.

New car finally arrived and it shipped with 53242 already in which is excellent news, also the NAV firmware was VC03101D from the factory, so will leave it all be and see how it behaves. Connected up with WIFI and that seems to be working for traffic etc.

Interesting, Hopefully get my car this month and anything less than 53242 and they better update it FOC, let alone a discount.

New car finally arrived and it shipped with 53242 already in which is excellent news, also the NAV firmware was VC03101D from the factory, so will leave it all be and see how it behaves. Connected up with WIFI and that seems to be working for traffic etc.

You've got it as last, great news. Good to hear shipped with upto date maps and software, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it..

Satnav seemed to behave itself driving down to Birmingham this morning. Can be a bind getting the wifi hotspot in my Iphone cranked up but that is more apple IOS failings that Lexus. I was quite happy with the traffic quality too. I'm quite anal about my traffic and coming from TomTom Live Traffic which was near perfect I was hoping it was at least acceptable and it did update quite frequently and picked up stationary traffic correctly.

Parking seemed to constantly update too even though set to manual so I've switched that off altogether now, can't say I will ever use it anyway.

3mb of data used between Bolton and Halesowen, but will take readings again on the way home with the parking updates off.

Anyway it's off to a good start, will see if it's the same once the calls start coming through too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, just spoke to my dealer who said they received Version E software yesterday. I will be taking my car to get it updated this afternoon. Fingers crossed !!

Well I have just got home after the update to version E. Early signs are not good. Still doesn't respond to incoming text messages (Iphone 5). Thought I would double check the version. It took me ages to get into the service menu, it seems the light switch sequence has changed from Auto-Off 3 times to Auto-On 3 times but that might just be me not remembering correctly. Anyway, yes the version has gone up to E. To early to tell if the favourites issue has been fixed but they are still there after a couple of stops and starts so fingers crossed. I will leave it for a couple of weeks and post an update.

Well I have just got home after the update to version E. Early signs are not good. Still doesn't respond to incoming text messages (iphone 5). Thought I would double check the version. It took me ages to get into the service menu, it seems the light switch sequence has changed from Auto-Off 3 times to Auto-On 3 times but that might just be me not remembering correctly. Anyway, yes the version has gone up to E. To early to tell if the favourites issue has been fixed but they are still there after a couple of stops and starts so fingers crossed. I will leave it for a couple of weeks and post an update.

Bridgy, you've defo got notifications enabled on the Iphone? Maybe unpair and pair again if you haven't already.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Yo Dave, I think so! Would you mind giving and old fella an idiots guide to what you mean by "notifications enabled on the phone" please ;)

Bridgy, go to Iphone Settings > Click on Bluetooth > click on the inverted exclamation mark at the end of the Lexus device (or whatever you Lexus Bluetooth connection is called) > make sure "Show Notifications" is enabled.

Job done!

Peter

• Like 1

Yup, that was already set on as well as Sync Contacts. I also, on that page, have a tick against Phone Favourites, Phone Recents and All Contacts. Is that right?

Yup, that was already set on as well as Sync Contacts. I also, on that page, have a tick against Phone Favourites, Phone Recents and All Contacts. Is that right?

Yeah, that's fine. :)

I'll try re-pairing the phone tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Cheers guys for trying to help, glad to see some Iphone users are having some success at least. It gives me hope :)

I have version D from the factory and other than a couple of ipod lock-ups (remove and plug usb to clear) its behaving as it should. Favourites are still there after 10 days (is this good) and phone has in general been ok for calls.

I also have an Iphone 5 but I did not have the show notifications on, thanks Habu. Will see if it reports text messages tomorrow.

Yo Dave, I think so! Would you mind giving and old fella an idiots guide to what you mean by "notifications enabled on the phone" please ;)

Settings>notifications centre> make sure access on lock screen notifications view is enabled (green). Then scroll down to where it says include, > messages > shown on lock screen should be enabled.

I seem to remember reading that unless these are enabled when the Iphone is locked the messages won't come up on the nav screen.

Hope I've got that right but no promises!!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Settings>notifications centre> make sure access on lock screen notifications view is enabled (green). Then scroll down to where it says include, > messages > shown on lock screen should be enabled.

I seem to remember reading that unless these are enabled when the Iphone is locked the messages won't come up on the nav screen.

Hope I've got that right but no promises!!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

All good points, David. I also have "Show alerts from everyone" enabled rather than "Show alerts from my contacts" too.

Peter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links