Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought a 10 year old Lexus Ls430 that was serviced by main dealer up until about 5 years ago. Should I let Lexus service it from now on or stick with the guy who has looked after it recently. Also the parking sensor is not working properly on the front left passenger side and the seller is telling me that it's no big deal but I hate alarms and lights going off in cars.

I would just get a good local mechanic to do routine servicing. I would only consider taking it to the dealer for a cambelt change.- this is very involved so i would want it done correctly

The parking sensor is a common fault - my corner one is out aswell and I have switched them off and just use the reversing camera.

The sensor can be replaced by going through the wheel arch - delaer cost is about £140 for the sensor however a member recently sourced them elsewhere for about half the cost - have a read here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/84221-ls430-parking-sensors/

Cheers Mark, is there a link for these parking sensors on eBay. The non Lexus mechanic said he did the belt 2 years ago but for piece of mind should I get Lexus to do it again. I was quoted €500 from lexus dealer in Dublin.

It all depends wether you know and trust the mechanic? is there any paperwork to prove the belt was changed? - if it can be proved then theres no need to change it again.

If there is any doubt and you want to change it for piece of mind then I would take it lexus and get it changed with the waterpump depending on mileage. Then you can be confident its done and done right and you will have proof in hand should you come to sell it as thats what buyers look out for.

The parking sensors not sure where he purchased them from - perhaps he went through the alibaba site.

It all depends wether you know and trust the mechanic? is there any paperwork to prove the belt was changed? - if it can be proved then theres no need to change it again.

If there is any doubt and you want to change it for piece of mind then I would take it lexus and get it changed with the waterpump depending on mileage. Then you can be confident its done and done right and you will have proof in hand should you come to sell it as thats what buyers look out for.

The parking sensors not sure where he purchased them from - perhaps he went through the alibaba site.

Parking sensors are around £23.00 plus postage from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Toyota-Lexus-Parking-Sensor-OEM-89341-50011/545731931.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links