Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacing Satnav Discs

ArchieBob

I have two Lexuses (Lexi?), a 2008 LS460 and a 2005 RX300 and would like to update the satnav discs in both but don’t want to pay Lexus dealer prices for the newest versions. More recent Lexus satnav DVD’s are readily available on eBay but I can’t find out which to get for each vehicle,
nor if putting newer versions in is actually possible – or can I put those from the LS460 into the RX300 to solve half the problem? Does anybody have experience of updating satnav discs?

Additionally, through some clumsy kerbing I have succeeded in breaking one of the tyre pressure sensor valves on the LS460. As with the satnav discs, these valves are available on eBay, but can they only be fitted by a dealer? Presumably there’s some form of programming needed for the car to
‘read’ a new valve.

Thanks

hi,updated the disc in my IS 200 three years ago and it cost me £139.00,in order to avoid buying the wrong discs,go to lexusmapupdates and input your current disc number and it should give you the part number for the updated disc or better still pm ACLex on here(LOC parts dealer) and am sure he will be able to help,will pm you his work number if needed.

Be careful of the £40 discs available on the internet - I bought one and although it worked OK, it lost some basic functionality from the satnav (eg. the ability to zoom in and out!). It also didn't allow use on the move, which the latest 2013 disc is supposed to do.

They state that they are the 2013 discs but in the description, it will have the words 'backup disc'. I don't understand what this means (the company tried to explain to me but it made no sense) but avoid. The only way to get the discs, it seems, is the official route described by scudney above, or the rare sale on eBay

Weirdly, I somehow managed to buy the disc through some 3rd party company (can't recall the name - a bit like PayPal) who forced the supplier to refund me AND let me keep the disc, not that I want it.

Hi Tim, updated my disc from original 07 to 13, the additional features are post-code entry and your passenger to input on the move.I'm sure this disc will last me for at least another 7 years so have kept the original to put back in the car if I ever sell, and to take the newer disc to the next Lexus (I,m sure you'll agree that the next car we buy WILL BE a Lexus). Bought from Lexusmapupdates for about £140 and easy to change, press one button to eject,place new disc in, and thats it.

Upgraded my wheels recently and one of the tyre pressure sensors had welded itself to the old wheel (common problem) £70ish from Lexus, fitted and programmed. I'm pretty sure only Lexus can do this.

Don't mess about with cheap eBay parts, it really works out dearer in the long run.

Graham.

Find the part number you need using www.lexus-mapupdates.eu.

You will have the opportunity to order the genuine part. However, the genuine UK part is a pack of 4 discs for west, north, south and eastern europe. If you're in the UK, you almost certainly only need the west disc as it covers the UK and western mainland europe (but not scandinavia).

Because the genuine part only comes as a pack of 4 discs, you can find genuine up-to-date western europe discs on eBay from Polish, Nowegian, etc. sellers. Just cross-reference the part numbers to make sure that you are getting the correct disc. Also check to make sure that you are buying a genuine disc; the high price of the genuine discs has resulted in a black-market in pirate maps - these pirate discs don't work as well, as the software has to be modified to bypass the anti-piracy system (which usually means combining bits of old and new softwares, which may mean missing or non-working features).

I got my 2013 disc this way from a Polish seller. Works perfectly, in fact, better than the original disc, as it allows destination entry while the car is on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links