Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Consumption Screen, Indicator Warning Beep.

2009 Lexus 400h. Can anyone explain what the figures on the consumption screen really mean, I find the notes in the handbook confusing for instance " fuel consumption in the last 30 minutes " ( page 126 handbook ) does fuel mean petrol or electricity ? I'm thinking it's electricity in which case how does the information help me ?

Also is it possible to change the indicator warning beep by a louder replacement unit as it's so quiet I can hardly hear it at the best of times and it's easy to leave an indicator on when it doesn't self-cancel . I know there is also a warning flasher but that's not always spotted when you're concentrating on driving.

Phil. Manchester.

The fuel consumption means 'petrol' - like you say, how would knowing the consumption in electricity terms mean anything? Maybe if it was a fully electric car and you had to plug it in but not a hybrid which is generating it's own electricity.

OK I agree but the handbook info that I refer to says " fuel consumption for the last 30 minutes " and points to the chart on the consumption screen that gives figures in killowatts ? I can only think it's a misprint but I still don't understand what use is this to me.

( who's cut the front legs off your polar bear ) HA

OK I agree but the handbook info that I refer to says " fuel consumption for the last 30 minutes " and points to the chart on the consumption screen that gives figures in killowatts ? I can only think it's a misprint but I still don't understand what use is this to me.

( who's cut the front legs off your polar bear ) HA

I think what it means is that the yellow is petrol and then, when the motors have generated enough electricity, they throw a green block into the display as well.

Well, that's how I read it anyway...

(the polar bear was rude about my car so I had to punish him :devil: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links