Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My 17"s But..............

phunt

I received my 17" Hi-Octane 147's today and they look sweet,i will post some pics tommorow but........

When i ordered them the guy said they would be ET42 offset , my invoice has ET42 on it but all the wheels have ET35 stamped on the inner hub.my queiry is... should i return them and get them to send the correct offset or will it not really make any differance.the car feels fine to drive and i havnt heard any scrubbing yet.

Thanx in Advance

Phunt

My advice is

Do NOT order anything until you know for definite that it will fit.

Do NOT trust anyone that tells you they will fit, if they have no experience of fitting wheels and tyres to the same make as your car.

If you do order a set ensure that they are on sale or return, at the suppliers expense.

Hope you followed my advice. :unsure:

Get them to take them back, or if you want, to let you try them out and if they don't fit, then they take them back.

or if you want, to let you try them out and if they don't fit, then they take them back

i Know they fit as there on my car now and it drives fine. just wondered if it would be better to send them back in the long run.

Let me tell you a littel story, about a man who was sold a set of

hi-octane H109's by a company called R-Tec over in St-Albans.. i was after a set of 18", they advised yes we can supply these to fit on the IS200, they are a 32offset but that is ok.. fine i said if you say they fit, and your book says they fit, then they must fit...

Well yes they did fit, but obviously they didnt take into account the fact that this particular car was designed to carry passengers in the back...darnations....then trouble starts.. scrape scrape scraeeeppe..

Took em back showed them my woes.. they kept saying they fit i kept saying obviously not. even got em to roll my arches for free.. no joy, eventually they agreed to take give me a replacement set (different make but he same design) in the 42offset.. and as if by magic no problems even after i lowered the car.

So my advise is send em back.. get the correct offset..NOOOOWWWW :whistling:

Well ive just phoned the company to see about getting them changed and he sed they all come as ET35 and then there machined back to ET42 could this be correct?

Well two things cross my mind,

1) Why have they sold them advertised as 42offset, where does it say in there terms of sale or literature that the customer is to machine these.

2) I would not be happy with wheels that have been machined, in my mind this weakens the wheels structure.

Also as a point of info, R-Tec couldnt get a 42offset for my original hi-octane wheels.

in any case, i suggest you either send em back for a full refund as they have mispripresented the sale of these wheels and are not what you had asked for.. Or if your happy with machined whels get them to pay for it, again because they have sold these incorrectly..

Who did you get these from by the way..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links