Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This ad must demonstrate the height of optimism. The price is just ridiculous.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310319563943/sort/default/make/LEXUS/model/LS/postcode/s637sf/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/3/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer/128818/usedcars

It has been "exceptionally well looked after" according to the description. This may be true, but the tyres look like Barum , which I would not even consider putting on my Octavia diesel workhorse (currently on Continental winter tyres). I'll never understand people who entrust the safety of their families to cheap, nasty tyres. Most tyres look roughly the same, but the expense is in the manufacturers' research and the quality of the compound. If the owner has scrimped on these, he can probably not afford to maintain a Lexus properly

In terms of prices, I am still looking for a nice LS 400, preferably a Mark 4. Sellers do not seem realistic about prices on cars with a 4 litre V8 engine which, in these straitened times, must have a limited appeal. Many stay on sale for months due to unrealistic expectations. Owners do seem to love their LS's and the market must now be restricted to enthusiasts. I am pretty sure I would appreciate the qualities of an LS.and I want a weekend car for long trips, such as visits to my folks in South Wales.The reliability appeals to me, but there do seem to be quite a few nice looking cars which are breaking for spares, which is a concern.

Still looking !

Hugh,

It does seem somewhat overpriced, even if Mk4's are the best of the line.

That wheel looks like it needs a re-furb, as nothing like bad wheels to spoil the look.

Agree on the tyres, though I have Falkens I might try some other brands when time comes, as Falkens stop tram lining but do seem over-sensitive to road surfaces around where I live.

Keep looking, there are Mk4's out there worth waiting for.

If I was desperate I might offer 3K assuming cam belt was done in last 20K miles.

I drive mine 20 minutes to work each day (all countryside) best thing about my day is sitting in the drivers seat, and would never go back to anything less than an LS.

Our two Ls400s are our work horses , i ave 250 /300 miles aweek job relocation.

But i will be going for my bike licence in newyear and split the work load, i have to go down a good few minor roads and the bush scratches ***** me off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links