Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1990 Ls400 Oxygen Sensor Update

Ian Lord

Got the new oxygen sensors from Steve's recomended source, but they were the wrong type of fitting as my LS400 is 1990

Note for future reference:

The oxygen sensor has a flange with 2 x bolts so returned to supplier who credited my card account same day. I then tried to find the correct type, it seems the 1990-1994 poss upto 1995 models have this type, later models changed to the screw in type.

Lexus dealer in Poole wanted £165 each Plus VAT

so that would be just short of £400.00 for the pair!!!Argh

I eventually found 2 of the correct sensors on eBay (oldcar parts in warwick) from a 1994 model, £27 each so I got the 2.

These were fitted and the problem has been solved. (no lumpy tick over and much better aceleration etc) but not quite back to 100%

So if you have an older LS400 be sure to get the correct sensor with correct fitting.

Maybe you could have mentioned that you are a LOC member on here.

ACLex is/was the Parts Manager at Lexus Poole and I bought his car ( a couple of years back tho' ).

Malc

Morning Rupert,

The sensors I bought were 2nd hand (used) from Old car parts in Warwick, they confirmed the sensors worked and I had to also confirm the year of my LS400 before they would confirm the parts were the correct fit etc. I guess always a bit of a risk with used (old ) parts but the cost was very attractive compaired with new. They were sent same day by UPS and arrived next day which was great.

I got my friendly local garage to fit both sensors, as they are a bit difficult to get at (but easy for them on the ramp) took just 1 hour to fit both, it seems that there is also a oval foil gasket on each sensor when the old ones are taken off, and then reused on the replacements. Because these replacements already had the lexus plug fitted to the cables that saved time when fitting.

Worth taking a look to check yours are the same as mine, they fit above the CAT on pipe from exhaust manifold to CAT.

regards

IAN

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links