Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 220D Sat Nav Update Disk Not Updating System

Hey guys just ordered the E18 west Europe disk off eBay for the Lexus.

The previous disk was the 2006-07. My impression was that the disks should come with system updates and well as map data updates.

As I understand update to the system should get rid of the annoying I agree button at the start and automatically progress to the map view.

The new DVD is ready by the unit and under map info it does say 13-14 map but it didn't update the system I still get the agree button at the start.

Hope u can help!!

I'm usually not on my own when I go anywhere that is new to me and so I am able to get my wife to type in the necessary info. I suppose if you are on your own, the safest bet is to stop. Not sure that you can operate the SatNav by voice, don't even know that it's an option.

Having said that, I do know that you can tell the system to take you 'Home' but not too sure if you could give it a postcode verbally! I will have a look at the handbook and check this because if you can tell it to take you home, it would seem logical that you would be able to tell it to take you to a destination that is lodged in the memory but not to a new destination that is yet to be registered.

Upon inserting a new disk the sat-nav checks the disk for a new firmware release if the firmware is later than the one you have a loading firmware screen will appear (this is obvious). If the disk is not genuine then an old firmware will be present as newer firmware checks the disk is not a copy and fails to work. Try reinserting the disk to force a check. 06/07 to E18 defiantly should force an update. Last resort is to remove power to the sat-nav via fuse or Battery disconnect, note this will wipe any stored settings and updates to the firmware so after 30 seconds reconnect and this should force an update to whatever firmware is on the new disk. The I Agree screen can't be removed however E18 firmware will have the ability to set a destination on the move.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

The disk works as the unit reads the disk and goes to the safety screen than once agree is clicked it goes into the map screen. When I click the map info it clearly states it's the 2013-14 version 2.

I was under the impression that from version 11.1 or 12.1 the agree button had been removed.

I plan on resetting the way ECU so will make sure the unit is empty when doing so and insert the new DVD when asked.

Also when u say set destination on the move, do you mean the touch screen can be operated by a passenger or yourself. Or it can be done by voice commands only?

The disk works as the unit reads the disk and goes to the safety screen than once agree is clicked it goes into the map screen. When I click the map info it clearly states it's the 2013-14 version 2.

I was under the impression that from version 11.1 or 12.1 the agree button had been removed.

I plan on resetting the way ECU so will make sure the unit is empty when doing so and insert the new DVD when asked.

Also when u say set destination on the move, do you mean the touch screen can be operated by a passenger or yourself. Or it can be done by voice commands only?

I have recently updated to the 2014/E18 from a 2006 version and as far as i can tell there has been no change in the firmware. I also need to reset the ECU so i might try taking the disc out beforehand. Although i dont have any problem with how the sat nav works now so might just leave it

Edited by Gaz31

I don't have the 13/14 version so can't confirm the removal of the 'I Agree', hopefully another member can confirm/deny this. I think this will be unlikely but I stand to be corrected. I upgraded from the 2006 version to a later version with the set destination on the move update and once I inserted the disk the firmware update screen appeared. However if you have purchased the car from someone that had the 13/14 and changed this back to the 2006 version on sale then the firmware will remain and no loading screen will be shown. To check this try and set a destination via touch screen when the car is moving.

I wasn't able to set the destination while on the move when the old disk was inserted. Will give that a try and see what happens. Unfortunately my brother swapped the disk so not sure what screen was displayed at that time.

http://m.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387914&page=3&styleid=13

Post 6 at the bottom, I agree button removed on gen 5 10.1 software update.

Not sure if that is different for EU and everwhere else

I can confirm that I am unable to set a destination while the car is moving!

Can anyone else confirm they are able to that via touchscreen on the move.? Gaz31?

As far as I can tell from reading forums unless u have the old software to get into secret menu or manualy cut wires and add switches. U vsnt set destination on the move.

The guy I Boughy the disk from assures me its original.

I purchased a SatNav update for my car just over 12 months ago and, the Part Number is PZ445-X03EU-OC as distributed by Toyota. This disk is shown as 2012/2013. The booklet that came with it says that it has been produced using data collected up until April 2011.

I can also confirm that when we are out and about, my wife is able to input destination information whilst I am driving. I find that the only disappointing thing about the system is the inability to input the full postcode. This has caused me a few problems in the past as can be seen at this link :-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/83212-yhink-i-will-be-getting-my-garmin-out-of-storage/

Hope the link works, I had to type it in as I can't seem to copy and paste at the moment.

So decided to reset the ECU and NAV today by disconnecting the negative Battery terminal. After the disconnect with the dvd not in the drive it had a message to contact dealer. After inserting the new dvd it did the update i can now use the NAV while on the move, but the I agree button is still there.

Apparently on GEN5 and above NAV the I agree button is removed with the update. not sure how to identify whih GEN i have.

Hope this helps others. Not sure why it required reset for software update.

Glad the power cycle did the trick and the new firmware is installed. You can be assured the firmware has been read from the disk as the removal of power resets the unit. The mark II IS with DVD satnav is a GEN 5 unit. We just need confirmation from another member with the disk that the 'I Agree' has or hasn't been removed.

I have the 2013/14 version and it still has the I agree at the start. Haven't tried resetting anything yet though, also haven't tried changing destination on the move as I keep forgetting! I'll try my best to remember in the morning!

Thanks for the confirmation Gaz the reset is simply to force the firmware update and not normally required. When you inserted the new disk did it load a new firmware by any chance? Program destinations on the move has been on the last few years disks not specific to the 13/14 edition.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links