Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Which Ipod Adapter For An 09?

Hi guys,

I've bought a 2009 IS250 (my third IS) and hopefully will be picking it up next weekend.

The car has the Levinson system and navigation, but no USB port.

Usb is what I really want but I have an Iphone so either way I'll be happy, is there a box of tricks that will let me play and control music using the nav screen/wheel and display the ID3 tag info and let me search music via artist or album etc not just playlists?

I've seen lexus offer an iPod connection, and I've seen loads of stuff around from grom, dice, dension etc but I'm struggling to find for certain which box will do what I want and be compatible with my car?

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

Ive mentioned this on my post before if you search around the forum but here is the link to the kit that you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XCARLINK-Car-iPod-iPhone-Adaptor-for-LEXUS-IS250-IS300-IS350-ES330-LX470-/251056895223?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a742834f7

it will plug into the back of the CD changer port but you will lost the ability to play CD's then.

Hi thanks for this.

Does it let you control the iPod using the nav screen and steering wheel?

I rarely use CD at the moment I tend to use a usb stick, if the adaptor is unplugged will the CD player work again or will the unit need to be removed from the car each time you need to use it?

Cheers.

Ok, what you need is the device Ahmed and Bluenose used. Can't remember the exact detail so I'm hoping one of them reads this post. I think their choice allowed pretty much full integration of the Iphone.

If I don't see any follow ups I'll try and dig a bit deeper.

If you don't want to go down the Lexus integrated ipod route, then the link given by Pete-r above is probably your best bet. However, from memory I seem to recall that this unit is not available to purchase here in the UK and has to be imported from the USA and I'm sure that VAT and import duty made it an uneconomical route to go.

Have a look at this link, it was what I did with my car - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic70947-diy-bluetooth-music-streaming-using-a2dp/

Hope the link works as I had to type it in as, for some reason I can't seem to copy and paste on this forum anymore.

As a matter of interest does anyone else reading this have a problem with copying and pasting within the forum?

I've been looking and as bluenose says, can't find a uk seller.

I think I'll look into the lexus iPod option. Not cheap but I got the car for a great deal and I'm thinking I could even get a cheap early gen iPod and leave it in the glove box.

Anyone know how the lexus adaptor works in practice?

the link to the product i posted should do what you want which is to control your iphone/ipod with the steering control.... It takes over the CD interface which is why you cannot play back CD once you plug in the device. But it should provide full steering control of the player.

The OEM Ipod kit isn't great in the sense that if you have a decent collection you will probably find yourself disconnecting the ipod, navigating between albums and then connecting it back again. I don't think it's possible to navigate between albums? Or maybe I don't know how to do it...

There is also the limit of 99 songs per album/playlist which can be really annoying.

Vaistech units that integrate the display from your phone into the car are good alternatives but quite expensive at the moment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links