Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New With Is200 Aero

Phil_R

Hi, I'm Phil and I live in Shropshire, I have recently bought my first Lexus and it drives very well but is in need of the bodywork tidying up a bit

post-48965-0-75697800-1389744035_thumb.j

I've had a few Toyotas previously, including 2x Celica GT-Four RC and an MR2

IMG_0565v2.jpg

DSC06859-1.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, it looked just like your old car Chris.

never heard anyone say they miss their IS200 when getting a IS300. but you said it feels heavier and less sporty huh

Finally another fellow member in Shropshire! Nice looking aero you got there. Im in Shrewsbury where are you?

I'm living in Church Stretton but working in Telford at the moment

Hi and welcome. Looks identical to my old IS200 when I bought it.... Miss that car lol :whistling:

Enjoy, and watch those aero wheels on pot holes etc....they're made of butter!

One of them has a flat spot but it's not too bad

Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. It's great to see these lovely 10 year old cars still looking 'Showroom Smart'

Sadly, it's far from it, the bodywork needs attention but it seems mechanically sound despite the 198,000 miles it did with the two previous owners.

Is that a joke Chris? Lol

Church Stretton. Know it well im from Craven Arm originally and Eyton near Lybury North before that. Living in Shrewsbury now. Might see you in passing on the M54 then.

A silly question but does it have a huge dent on one of the doors? Because i work with someone in Shrewsbury with a plat ice aero who may well of sold it recently. Dont really know the guy...

Is that a joke Chris? Lol

Church Stretton. Know it well im from Craven Arm originally and Eyton near Lybury North before that. Living in Shrewsbury now. Might see you in passing on the M54 then.

A silly question but does it have a huge dent on one of the doors? Because i work with someone in Shrewsbury with a plat ice aero who may well of sold it recently. Dont really know the guy...

Oh, I'm originally from Edgton so not far away, no dents on the bodywork, some bits of corrosion need attention after winter and some bits of paint

198,000 miles!!!! Jeeeez that's one of the highest mileages I've heard of!

I'm not too bothered by higher mileage if the car has been looked after mechanically, it's still on the original clutch as far as I've been told, had full Lexus history for over 100,000 miles

ah must me a different car then, nvm. Not many Aero's about so i thought he might of sold it

Edgton eh, i used to go wet sponge throwing there when i was a kid lol

Only reason i thought you were joking Chris is i thought IS's go well into the 2k's without any problems. I once asked on here.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/81107-so-what-kind-of-mileage-do-iss-start-going-wrong/

but yeah its well above average, but i think Stuart's heading there quite quickly lol

• Like 1

I've spent £3800+ over 20000 miles

With LPG currently at .74p and the conversion offering no improvement in MPG, simply cheaper prices, it would cost £51.80 to fill a 70 litre tank, against £90.23 for Unleaded assuming the price is 1.289p.

Over 50 tanks, Unleaded has cost me £3800+

Over 50 tanks for LPG, it would be £2590. the cost of conversion £999.00 +VAT (£198.00) = £1197.00 + £2590 = £3787

It's possible that it would only take me a year to recoup the costs of the conversion . . . . .

Or at least, 20000 miles at the same level of MPG would have me recouping the costs of the conversion.

interesting. seems like its deff a option then.

I just rang my insurance company to tell them im doing more miles. to 6000 miles a year instead of 5000 lol so no point me doing it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links