Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interference On Stereo

200h

recently i have had some interference on the stereo when i use my front windscreen washers its not all the time but when it happens it is quite loud

i am trying to narrow it down by turning things off like Bluetooth when it happens but it is still persists

can anyone help

thanks steve

yes the car is still under warranty, but i can't get it to happen every time i use the washers, when it happens it masks the radio.

i am trying differnent things incase a certain combination of electrical items makes it happen, that way i can replicate it to the dealer

contacted lexus liverpool today and they are having my car on thursday overnight to have a look at it

so hopefully they will know what it is and be able to fix it for me.

took my car in today and you know what happened.......no interference when they looked at it ,they done some checks but couldn't find anything so i will have to hope the noise comes back constantly to make sure they hear what i am hearing,on the plus side i had the open windows with elec.key function activated by lexus so when the car is unlocked and you keep the unlock button down for 3 more secs the windows all open and the opposite happens with the lock button.

Just a thought.... when the problem has occured in the past, you mentioned that you used the windscreen washer. was it raining? Could rain water be seeping in somewhere it shouldnt? This might explain why the problem wouldnt manifest itself in a nice dry garage.

thanks wass

to be honest i cant remember if the days where dry or wet but this is something i will make a note of (this is age related) i know the aerials dont have a nice snug fit against the roof and there is a gap there where water can gather ,but i mentioned this to the lexus tech guy and he checked it out to make sure there wasn't any water leaking past the roof seal onto the connections,i think i have to hope it becomes an issue where it happens everytime as its sods law that when you get to your dealer the issue clears up by itself.

thanks wass

to be honest i cant remember if the days where dry or wet but this is something i will make a note of (this is age related) i know the aerials dont have a nice snug fit against the roof and there is a gap there where water can gather ,but i mentioned this to the lexus tech guy and he checked it out to make sure there wasn't any water leaking past the roof seal onto the connections,i think i have to hope it becomes an issue where it happens everytime as its sods law that when you get to your dealer the issue clears up by itself.

I hadn't thought of the aerial, I just meant to suggest that some rain water was perhaps getting into the car electrics somewhere along the line and effectively shorting out the inbuilt radio noise suppression circuit. If the screen washer was being used, maybe water getting in somewhere near the screen washer motor?

i have tried a few different frequencies and for the last week it has been ok,maybe the route i take is in a weak reception area for the frequency that i have been tuned into and changing frequency has now giving me the best freqency for the area.

thank-you for all replys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links