Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-F Servicing, Parts Prices

Hi

Can anyone enlighten me with the service schedule and prices for an IS-F 60,000 miles service,

as i am thinking of buying an 08 with 45,000 miles anfd full history on it so it would soon be in need of a 60,000 mile service next,

Do the engines need a belt at 60,000 or 6 years or are they a chain drive, What about the spark plugs, as my std, IS 200 needs 6 irridiums every 60,000 and these cost a enough from the dealer, so is the IS-F plug a similar cost each, and are there any other suprises due on a 60,000 mile service as i suspect rear diff oil/autobox oil and brake fluid would also be changed along side the std service items required, any info on this would a help in making my mind up about owning one, or staying with a std IS as these are costly enough to service, even though they help to make up for it by being more reliable than most other cars,

I have read about the other running costs, like brake costs and tyre cost issues, but there are quality aftermarket items that can be fitted as an alternative to help with the running costs of the std servicing items.

Thanks

Hi mate all I know is it costs around 800 quid, they change the plugs, oil,filter ,supposed to check valve clearances but I could put money on they don't and prob wouldn't even know how to anyway .not a cheap service by any means .but don't let it put you off buying ,after that service it's 300 ish .they don't change any belts at 60,000 miles either .

Good luck

900 odd for that service. Don't use aftermarket stuff if you want it to be sellable unless their is evidence it is as good as if not better than stock parts. I would only buy one that has been maintained properly. Also it is less likely to perform as well. Ultimately it's an expensive car to run.

Maybe call a dealer for full list lf service items?

Stu

Negotiate with your dealer. Got mine done for £600. No belt, they are chain driven. The valve clearances should be checked but now apparently are now checked by sound, which probably means most dealers don't know how to do it!

They are more expensive than normal cars but nowhere near M3, AMG prices.

Transmission fluid isn't part of the 60K service. They do the plugs though.

Chain driven, so no belt to worry about. ;)

My tuner in Enfield sells the genuine brembo discs for a lot less than Lexus. Also offers three types of pad to suit different budgets.

Fitting can be done yourself (good guides from our US brethren), or any good garage/mechanic.

Tyres are quite reasonable compared to some, and they seem to last quite well too.

Think I've been quoted £850 odd for the 60K service. It's a major, so think that's reasonable considering. Think the next ones after are £300-400 odd?

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Peter :)

It's a shame all we are paying for is a stupid Lexus stamp .the mechanics are no different to the back street garage ,we get a nice courtesy car a cup of coffee that's vile and keeps you awake all night and a huge bill at the end that takes just over an hour to do a service , what bull dealers are but for some reason we have to get that bloody stamp to keep the resale value up .really cheeses me off .i serviced my van yesterday , took me an hour , full service and cost a total of 60 quid even with shell oil . It's as sweet as a nut . And I know it's been done right and I know what parts have been used .

Mark,

60K service is costing me £840 including parts, VAT and labour.

This is what is carried out as part of the 6yr/60K service:

- Engine oil

- Rear diff oil

- Brake cleaner

- Spark plugs

- Oil filter

- Gasket drain plugs

- Washer fluid

- Brake fluid

- Cabin air filter

- Key fob batteries

- Full VSR

Discs and pads prices from Lexus were as follows:

Fronts £909.28 incl VAT

Rears £764.38 incl VAT

Quotes for 70K, 80K and 90K services were:

£339 incl VAT (7yr/70K), £568.32 incl VAT (8yr/80K) and £339 incl VAT (9yr/90K).

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Plenty! ;)

Look at the section on the Whifbitz website. He is offering the proper brembo discs, and different pads to suit individual budgets (I'm going for the Hawks which are in-between the two on the website).

Fitting at the Enfield workshop is around £60+VAT per axle, but could be more if anything is seized, or if the system needs to be bled etc.

It works out around half the dealer price, or less if you fit them yourself (I'll probably get them done by Darren over at Whifbitz the first time, then do my own after that).

Cheers.

Pete :)

Id like Lexus to work on my car due to warranty BUT id happliy buy the parts to save £££

Do you know the lexus price for pads and discs so i can see how much cheaper it is to supply myself?

Not sure Stu. You'd need to ask them for the prices mate, as I was given all in costs.

Think you may find 60% of the price is Lexus labour rates. :(

That is my expectation. When it comes to that time ill do furteher digging.

Stu

If you bought brembo discs and those porterfield pads from whifbitz it is 650 ish in parts, lexus labor rates at 100 ish for 3 hours comes to 300 so pretty much 1k. Thats a £700 saving!!!!

Where are you getting your pads Pete, cant see them on their site? how much are the fronts and rears?

Stu

Should be pretty good from what I've read on the US forums. They are certainly cleaner than the OEM pads (less brake dust).

Think I may need to get my fronts changed shortly. If so, will let you know how I get on with them.

Even better Glenn, Hawk are hopefully going to start selling rear pads as well. :)

Got an email from their MD advising the tech department to give me a part number, or get their R&D guys to develop them! ;)

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links