Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Homelink Or Not?

Hi Guys,

New forum member here from Poland, pretty cold nowadays. Seems this may be the closest forum to home that has any meaningful activity for this car, so I may stay a while if you don't mind. Also, I've been lurking around for quite some time and find your insights very useful. A million thanks for that!

So, to the point, I'm waiting for the delivery of IS 300h, which should happen some time in March, and as much as agonising the wait can be I of course am having second thoughts (320d, anyone?), so the forum is a good resource for keeping me convinced and reasonably sane!

Again, to the point. I was smart enough to mess my configuration quite a bit by stepping one trim level down and adding options on top of that, which is fine, as long as I haven't omitted something that I may find out I need really very badly, and can't live without, no-no. Which at this point I think I haven't. But then, it seems, that a wiper sensor which I really find rubbish and crossed out may come with Homelink and auto dimming reverse mirror. I don't mind auto dimming thing but I could find use case for Homelink if it's really there and - more importantly - if it works, as I've been reading about some "rotating codes" for which you need to press the fob anyway (which would kill the whole thing for me anyway).

Anyone can shed some light on this? I guess I could still cancel the order and wait for diffenent config, or something...

Thanks in advance!

Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum. I don't think many (any??) UK owners have Homelink, you will certainly get more feedback from the US members forum www.clublexus.com, I'd give that a go.

Look forward to pics in due course.

As David says homelink is more of a U>S market thing....Although i'd have it if available in uk.

Am i right in thinking it's the system that knows when you have been in an accident and alerts police ect? and can remote start car amongst other things.

Thanks for your replies! Yes, I know it's the US thing, as I actually learned about this on the other Lexus forum which is quite busy in fact though it's actually dedicated to IS 250/350 as they're not getting IS hybrid. Only thought it might be sold in Europe as well. Probably should have asked my dealer in the first place, but what's the internet for?! No, the system is about opening garage gates, parking doors, so you don't have to carry around the key fob. It's not without its challanges as some of the implementations don't handle stronger cryptography correctly (probably good for the safety of your house, anyway) which renders it useless, or cumbersome at best.

So, I guess I'll resort to keeping the key fob in the cup holder.

David, will work on the pics after taking delivery. It's going to be warm metallic white, whatever it's called (the non-f-sport hue). As much as I love F-Sport grille, couldn't justify the price of the full trim level which was the top one here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links