Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only Went To The Car Auction For Coffee!

Rialas

Hi everyone.

First post.

I'm quite a car enthusiast, and I've found myself spending endless hours on car forums chatting cars (generally older classics) aircooled posrche etc.

Whilst at a car auction a few days ago, I spotted a clean sc430. Thought to myself that it would be a perfect "runaround" a car that just gets the job done and now will be able to reclaim my life. No more hours wasted discussing mods, wheels, upgrades, exhaust, suspension arguments, manual v auto fights.

This car would hopefully tear me away from this car addiction and try to get my life back. Something nice but not "too nice"

After a few aggressive bids and now I'm the new owner of a lovely sc430 and here I am, another car enthusiast's forum lol. That didn't last long.

I absolutely have fallen for this thing.

1 owner, 2005, 37k miles, 8 Lexus stamps, immaculate condition. My favourite colour combo Silver, black leather.

The car even had a new set of wheel caps (with screws) in the boot. I'll be getting the wheels refurbed and put the new hub caps on.

My only complaint is that it's ever so quiet. Maybe time for an exhaust mod lol. Just kidding.

Costa.

Well done. These cars can be amazingly well preserved. Yours sounds enviously young. I only bought mine recently and it came already fitted with a powerflow s/s exhaust. Ticking over and cruising it sounds not much more than the stock setup but when the pedal's down sounds awesome. Really worthwhile.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Hi Bob. That powerflo does sound like something I may be interested in doing at a future date. I don't want anything obtrusive at all, but would be nice to hear the v8's character come out a little.

My first "minor" mod is an aux-in connected to a buetooth music streamer.

My car already has Bluetooth hands free but would like to get my music playing wirelessly.

Is there anywhere in London that stocks the vaistech slu, or can anyone recommend something similar. I don't need on-screen control as I'll be doing this from my phone.

Steve. I paid £10,800 plus £300 auction costs. It was sold as a bca assured vehicle so there was some peace of mind that the car was ok.

Although it's a 55 plate reg Sept 05 it is the 5 speed. Nonetheless I would have bought it anyway as it's probably best to buy on condition I guess.

I bought my first ever Lexus (IS250) from the same auction 4 weeks ago (bca enfield) to replace the family Honda. Within hours I was a Lexus convert hence why the sc430 caught my eye.

The new hub cups that came with the car are a brushed stainless finish. Had to do a little googling to work out what I had. Looks like the "dinner plates".

Contrary to most opinions, I think they look quite cool in a retro sort of way.

Thelexusman. You have first refusal after my wife. She'll kill me if I sell it.

Regards to all.

Thanks Karan

I popped into Lexus Hatfield today and their prices seem reasonable.

The service manager also gave me the number of someone that may be able to discreetly update the HiFi for streaming.

Regards.

Costa.

Hi everyone.

First post.

I'm quite a car enthusiast, and I've found myself spending endless hours on car forums chatting cars (generally older classics) aircooled posrche etc.

Whilst at a car auction a few days ago, I spotted a clean sc430. Thought to myself that it would be a perfect "runaround" a car that just gets the job done and now will be able to reclaim my life. No more hours wasted discussing mods, wheels, upgrades, exhaust, suspension arguments, manual v auto fights.

This car would hopefully tear me away from this car addiction and try to get my life back. Something nice but not "too nice"

After a few aggressive bids and now I'm the new owner of a lovely sc430 and here I am, another car enthusiast's forum lol. That didn't last long.

I absolutely have fallen for this thing.

1 owner, 2005, 37k miles, 8 Lexus stamps, immaculate condition. My favourite colour combo Silver, black leather.

The car even had a new set of wheel caps (with screws) in the boot. I'll be getting the wheels refurbed and put the new hub caps on.

My only complaint is that it's ever so quiet. Maybe time for an exhaust mod lol. Just kidding.

Costa.

Please don't make it noisy don't change it, always stick to the manufacturers exhaust. This is what makes the 430SC special It is the character of the car.

Its NOT a sports car. Its NOT a boy racer car..

Its comfortable quiet and smooth with the top up or down. When I take people in mine they cant believe it. That's how it should be and making it noisy is juvenile and pointless. Enjoy what you have bought its its got something other cars lack.. That's why its special.. I love it..

• Like 1

Well done. These cars can be amazingly well preserved. Yours sounds enviously young. I only bought mine recently and it came already fitted with a powerflow s/s exhaust. Ticking over and cruising it sounds not much more than the stock setup but when the pedal's down sounds awesome. Really worthwhile.

Oh dear some ones bought the wrong car !!! Its not meant to 'sound'..... at all..

Oh dear some ones bought the wrong car !!! Its not meant to 'sound'..... at all..
Alphacat.

We like a bit of a rumble. :lol:

On other forms I'm usually the reserved one. :) and I have been generally an anti-modding type person.

My Z4MC is going up for sale and hopefully I'll be leaving the "boy racer" scene behind me.

I must admit I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the screaming exhaust I'm used to.

I'll probably be leaving the sc430 as it came from factory. It's too nice to mess with.

Dear Alphacat, you're right, as manufactured it was intended to feature a 'quiet' engine note, but I hope the world is not meant to be as rigid as all that.

Flatter me if you like but I'm no boy racer although I've had a few screaming masers in my time, I've just enjoyed 4 years in a sublimely quiet, very original V8 Soarer.

My SC430 came with the powerflow exhaust and also with fuel 6 alloys, which I prefer to the original dinner plates. Why be so patronising to a fellow enthusiast?

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Hi Bob. That powerflo does sound like something I may be interested in doing at a future date. I don't want anything obtrusive at all, but would be nice to hear the v8's character come out a little.

My first "minor" mod is an aux-in connected to a buetooth music streamer.

My car already has bluetooth hands free but would like to get my music playing wirelessly.

Is there anywhere in London that stocks the vaistech slu, or can anyone recommend something similar. I don't need on-screen control as I'll be doing this from my phone.

Steve. I paid £10,800 plus £300 auction costs. It was sold as a bca assured vehicle so there was some peace of mind that the car was ok.

Although it's a 55 plate reg Sept 05 it is the 5 speed. Nonetheless I would have bought it anyway as it's probably best to buy on condition I guess.

I bought my first ever Lexus (IS250) from the same auction 4 weeks ago (bca enfield) to replace the family Honda. Within hours I was a Lexus convert hence why the sc430 caught my eye.

The new hub cups that came with the car are a brushed stainless finish. Had to do a little googling to work out what I had. Looks like the "dinner plates".

Contrary to most opinions, I think they look quite cool in a retro sort of way.

Thelexusman. You have first refusal after my wife. She'll kill me if I sell it.

Regards to all.

well thanks for the offer mate :)

but i have the older 5sp already and looking out for the 6sp model

as for your exhausts check this out

https://www.facebook.com/sc430club

and i make them myself if you want one

For iPod connectivity I'm using the dension kit, see this post: -

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/74681-ipodiphone-link-by-vaistech-soundlinq2-sl2i-up/

Thanks Paul.

I ended up ordering the Grom usb2 plus system. The person I spoke with was really helpful and will be sending me the 3 different possible cables (toy, toy1, or lex cable), cant be sure without pulling the stereo out as mine was the transition year.

http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/toyota-n-18

Once everything is working (hopefully), I'll stream some background V8 audio to the sound system.

:)

Good news, all went well. Lucky I was sent all 3 cables as mine was the not so common Lex cable.

Bads news. Bluetooth audio streaming quality is poor, a very echoey effect on the sound.

I helped fit the Grom bt3 to my friends mx5 a few days ago and his sounded good. I may swap the unit for the bt3.

I won't need to pull out the stereo again as it uses the same data cable.

DB452E5B-DAE4-45FB-9E14-DAF2DC17396D.jpgA91F9E26-A282-499B-B760-7C75D72E3E71.jpg

19F85AD4-9C82-475A-A023-CC5E4C51FFF3.jpg

Alphacat.

We like a bit of a rumble. :lol:

On other forms I'm usually the reserved one. :) and I have been generally an anti-modding type person.

My Z4MC is going up for sale and hopefully I'll be leaving the "boy racer" scene behind me.

I must admit I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the screaming exhaust I'm used to.

I'll probably be leaving the sc430 as it came from factory. It's too nice to mess with.

My son now over 40 is still a boy racer and he has the same opinion as you... he says why have I bought a car (a V8 as well) that doesn't make any noise ???

One day he will grow up ..

Dear Alphacat, you're right, as manufactured it was intended to feature a 'quiet' engine note, but I hope the world is not meant to be as rigid as all that.

Flatter me if you like but I'm no boy racer although I've had a few screaming masers in my time, I've just enjoyed 4 years in a sublimely quiet, very original V8 Soarer.

My SC430 came with the powerflow exhaust and also with fuel 6 alloys, which I prefer to the original dinner plates. Why be so patronising to a fellow enthusiast?

No its meant to be as rigid as that... If you buy a plane made to fly you expect it too fly.. If you buy a car built to be quiet you expect it to make no noise..

Its my sense of humour...

ma

This is going to be fun. Where do I start.

4C51FA61-43A2-499F-A46B-FF7F67DAADAC.jpg

I don't se the point in that. I just put loads of music on an SD card (or plug in a USB stick or ipod /MP3 via USB) and play it through the radio FM using a transmitter bought from amazon. It fits into the DC supply in the center consul (lower level) so its not in view. It also has a remote control should it be needed to skip tracks, select albums etc.

No its meant to be as rigid as that... If you buy a plane made to fly you expect it too fly.. If you buy a car built to be quiet you expect it to make no noise..

Its my sense of humour...

ma

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you mom, I'll stand in the corner till I grow up.

This is going to be fun. Where do I start.

4C51FA61-43A2-499F-A46B-FF7F67DAADAC.jpg

I don't se the point in that. I just put loads of music on an SD card (or plug in a USB stick or ipod /MP3 via USB) and play it through the radio FM using a transmitter bought from amazon. It fits into the DC supply in the center consul (lower level) so its not in view. It also has a remote control should it be needed to skip tracks, select albums etc.

Hi.

I've managed to now sort out the sound quality issue (result of the car Battery running low), and now the Bluetooth streaming is virtually indistinguishable from playing the music through the usb stick (again an option through the Grom).

I stream through Bluetooth as I have a spotify account with all my playlists in sync with my music at home and I can change tracks through the steering wheel controls. My playlists on the phone can be played offline.

Fm transmision doesn't sound great and messing about with usb sticks is laborious compared to using a streaming service. That's why I opted to go down the Bluetooth route.

Costa.

ps The Mark Levinson is a great sounding system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links