Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Question

Hello everybody I’m a newbie so be gentle. Had the car for two weeks and love it. first mod I am thinking about is clear rear fogs anyone had any experience buying and fitting them. Is it worth purchasing the red LED's at the same time, and how do you think they would look on a red car ?

Welcome to the club :)

I bought mine from eBay, there are lots for sale. It comes with the red bulbs. Fitment is easy : 1 nut behid it. The only difficulties are remove the boot carpet and changing the bulbs. The red ones don't have good fitment so you have to force it. :blink:

I think it could look good on a red car, but it is all about your own taste ;)

Hello everybody I’m a newbie so be gentle. Had the car for two weeks and love it.  First mod I am thinking about is clear rear fogs anyone had any experience buying and fitting them. Is it worth purchasing the red LED's at the same time, and how do you think they would look on a red car ?

Welcome.

Everyone to their own, but I would've thought that the standard red fog lights on a red car would already look good?

I have a black car and am looking to paint my rear fogs black (but still allowing the light to pass thru). I am also looking to paint the front light housing black just like yemgi has done. ((Take a peek at some of his car photo's linked in his sig.))

The LEDs bulbs are directional and so not that bright. Also because of the angle of the bulb holder they point up in the air. I've tried melting and bending them so that they point in the right direction but without much success.

The bulbs that come with the lenses are dual filament which is why they are a tight fit. Also the filament that lights is the duller one so they're not that bright. They're also rather pink.

You can get other red bulbs but the best solution I've found is to buy clear bulbs and paint them with transparent red glass paint (available from craft shops). The result is a bright and red light. The only down-side is that they appear more red than the leds or original bulbs when not lit.

So another BMW convert.. Now if you could just lie down on my couch and tell me... Now you are behind the wheel of a lexus are you more Courteous to other road user's ?? have you now found the delight of using all 3 lanes of a motorway instead of just the outside??? :lol::lol:

Just pulling ya leg mate.. welcome to the club.. and glad you are impressed with your new toy..

jac

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links