Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Takeda Intake And H&s Exhaust Update...

It was a very long week waiting for the exhaust to be fitted. Added to the frustration was finally having the intake in the dining room that I had been waiting 6 weeks to be delivered.

Anyway, am I pleased???? YES! The exhaust is amazing!!!! It looks just like the stock system. The sound on start up is monumental, but quickly quietens down pulling away from junctions is amazing and once you hit 80MPH and just drift along it is almost not noticeable. This will be demonstrated by my clips below. You can really hear the blips on down shifts, it sounds incredible.

The intake is excellent. I think the finish leaves a bit to be desired when in its component parts but once assembled looks fantastic. I am VERY glad I went for the black finish. I think it sits very well in the engine bay.

With the exhaust and the intake fitted I am not sure if it is too much. There is a noticeable increase in sound at lower revs and the system is a tad more noticeable when at 80MPH compared to just having the exhaust on. Still quiet and this will be seen by the clips below but none the less, more noticeable.

I plan to give it a few months and if I am not happy with it revert to just the exhaust as it sounds amazing and you genuinely cant hear it at 80MPH which is superb.

unfortunately, the fitters camera was broken so there are no pics of the before and after under the car which is frustrating.

Pics of the intake:

1BF4A328-E1AC-4B1D-B1B5-C4C20B65B861_zps

C4322161-E9CA-4568-8642-24335D1BD7F9_zps

73D4D872-F725-430D-9F62-D9E086397EB4_zps

Cold start up with stock exhaust and stock intake:

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/stuno1/media/lexus%20isf/IMG_1505_zps8aa521de.mp4.html

Cold start up with H&S cat back system and takeda intake:

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/stuno1/media/lexus%20isf/IMG_1518_zpsf48514a0.mp4.html

In car sound slip with stock exhaust and intake:

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/stuno1/media/lexus%20isf/IMG_1506_zpsc8c53371.mp4.html

In car sound clip with H&S cat back system:

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/stuno1/media/lexus%20isf/IMG_1514_zps1ab90a78.mp4.html

In car sound clip with H&S cat back system and takeda intake:

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/stuno1/media/lexus%20isf/IMG_1519_zps51db3ce7.mp4.html

Stu

Mate, that sounds epic and surprisingly quiet on the road.

How much would H&S sell them from here on in and how long would they need the car (now they have made yours)?

Thanks for uploading these though, I understand it's a ball-ache but I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciatates the time you took to do it.

It took me from 5 last night to this AM to get it sorted! lol

It sounds AMAZING chap! Once the initial start up high idle is over its not loud at idle either.

No worries re doing all the pics, clips etc. I enjoy that and it will really help inform others. In car clips are impossible to find with exhaust clips. I like you, am amazed how great it sounds at low revs and hammer down then so subdued at speed. Exactly what I was after, to the letter!

Took them 2 hours to get the fake pipes off due to corrosion. This may add £100 to the fitting as it did with mine.

They had my cars for a week but required 3 days to fit. It should be quicker now they have done one. I know they fit M5 systems in an afternoon.

It was £700 + VAT and extra £100 to remove fake tips.

Can't recommend them highly enough as a company. Id say give them a call re time frames for fitting etc chap.

Stu

Cheers buddy. At least you know your tips have been firmly secured for the future. The fitting times would always be a problem for me as I live nowhere near the company and the F is my only (family) car.

Wow!! ;)

Awesome...... Really isn't much else to say Stu! :)

Very impressed with the clips you did.

I'd probably like a short passenger ride at some point to get the true affect (video isn't as good as hearing things for real).

What were you laughing at at the beginning of the exhaust and intake drive in vid? ;)

May just be how it is now you have the perfect soundtrack! ;)

Well done fella. Hopefully won't be too far behind you! :)

Cheers.

Pete

Intake is staying. Went out just now and really isnt intrusive at all. Even the wife is happy with it.

All the clips are doing the same route for like for like comparison.

Really really pleased with it.

Pete- happy to do ride along. It is nicer sounding in the flesh.

Keith- same as me. I drove there and took a train home. Did food shopping day before drop off. I don't use car during the week.

Stu

• Like 1

Well done Stu, it sounds lovely. I would definitely consider taking it to them for the work. I'd be interested to know if they'd make a dual system, but with the same back boxes as yours, etc.

Have the secondary cats been liberated?

Again, thanks for the vids, they're very helpful. Any chance at getting a external clip of you pulling away gently? No immediate rush, would be good to know how much I'd annoy the neighbours :P

Thanks

Neil

Pete - my daughter started making funny noises just as I was recording! Made me chuckle a bit.

Cable - he removed the silencer after the second cat but did not remove any cats. Also smaller back boxes the. Stock.

What is a dual system? I'll get a pulling away clip at some point fella ;)

Stu

Much appreciated, thanks Stu

A dual system can sometimes be found on 'V' engined cars, and occasionally on something like a straight six.

It's basically having a separate exhaust system for each bank of the engine, so in effect two parallel exhausts systems; the idea being to give greater flow and more power. A JoeZ exhaust, for an ISF, is a good example and the C63 comes with one as standard.

Due to the firing pattern on a cross plane cranked V8's (LRLLRLRR) a crossover pipe, 'H' pipe or a siamese are generally used more these days. This is where the two parallel exhaust systems meet (usually after the cats), so as to scavenge some of the opposite banks exhaust gas during the offbeat firing sequence. I hope this makes sense?

Cheers

Neil

It's a lot more expensive if you need to go from the manifolds back I imagine. I'm thinking of doing the PPE headers at some point, and the fitting guide reckons it's an 8hr job for a skilled mechanic! ;)

If you add that to the bill, plus additional fabrication, it would easily double up the bill I reckon!

Did I mention Stu that my Takeda is black as well? Decided like you that having shiny bits was too much effort to keep clean! Lol. ;)

Should have mine next Tuesday! :) :) :)

Does look better than the polished one in my opinion. ;)

Was it relatively straightforward to fit??

Agreed. Looks very nice in the engine bay. Yes, very easy to fit. You need to remove the plastic bonnet scoop to put the new box in the bag. There is a YouTube clip on it. Some fat American dude.

Stu

Agreed. :)

The darker engine cover also looks better IMO.

Will be getting mine done soon hopefully! ;)

Have you seen the F Sport gear shifter Stu? Got one coming with my Takeda and Apexi throttle controller! :)

;)

It's not carbon wrap to be fair (genuine carbon fibre as opposed to wrap), and I have a few other possibilities lined up! ;)

Mentioned the KW coilovers before, and may consider some different alloys (probably be the only ISF in the UK without the BBS's!) at some point.

Liking the Ace Mesh-7's if you have seen them? Will post a picture in a minute. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links