Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hawk Rear Pads Coming Soon!

Hey Guys,

Very pleased to announce Hawk will be selling rear brake pads for the ISF in the next few weeks, to match up with their fronts. :)

I was curious to find they only had front pads listed on their website, so dropped them an email asking about the rears. Within 24 hours (remember they are US based), I had a reply from Todd Romano (Managing Director) asking for a PDS if they didn't have rear pads from their development team.

The rears will be available in 4 different compounds to match the fronts.

I will be ordering a full set of the Hawk Performance Ceramics for mine when they need changing, and will let you all know how I get on.

The US forums were very impressed with the front pads, so hopefully the rears will be just as good. :)

I'll post the part numbers up when I get them, and members can also order them from Garage Whifbitz (my tuner) if they want (Paul will add them to the ISF section of the website when they are released).

Nice to see a company not only listening to their customers, but taking action to provide what we need.

Thanks.

Peter :)

Top banana. Be interested to see how you find them. Current set up is great but initial bite is light IMO and you need to press further than I imagined to really feel them work well.

Stu

Had Hawk pads on the front of mine for the last four years. They are similar in performance to the OEM but marginally better when it comes to the amount of brake dust generated. However, the dust that is generated still comes off hot and collects in the trailing corner where the webs/spokes meet the rim and melt into the coating of the wheels. Lexus do not have an answer to this problem, only to advise owners to use a light scouring pad to remove the dust. Unfortunately the damage has already been done and removal of build-up will eventually also remove the coating.

My wheels were absolutely pristine when I bought the car when it was only a year old (see the thread "whose car is this"), but then found out that Lexus had replaced all four wheels with new ones before I purchased it.

I used Poor Boys Wheel Wax and washed the wheels regularly, and although it delayed the build up of dust, I eventually lost the battle to stop the pitting. :(

Top banana. Be interested to see how you find them. Current set up is great but initial bite is light IMO and you need to press further than I imagined to really feel them work well.

Stu

What brakes are you using stu . Mine is the same , initial bite is light etc . Wierd .

I'm hoping the ceramic pads will improve that bite somewhat. Having a full set will make a difference over just the fronts as well.

As Tango has pointed out, the main improvement should be less brake dust than the OEM pads.

I'll probably trial a few different setups before settling on something permanently (the Porterfield R4S's are very good. Had them on my Supra for a few years).

I may try some different discs as well. :)

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys,

Thought I should resurrect this thread with an update from Hawk.

"Peter we have 25 new shapes coming out this year. The tooling lead time is about 45 days per shape, and we can only produce 4 shapes per month.

Based on this information and the time line I reviewed, I would estimate September/October time frame".

I'll email them again in August for an update.

Cheers.

Peter

Once they get the rears in I will be buying a full set. I'm finding my front set quite squeaky recently and any excuse to try out some new pads.

On a side note I noticed my brembo discs all seem really dirty. Is this the brake dust from the stock pads? It's not a dirt build up, more of a metal type covering. Cleaning them is pretty difficult too.

The ceramic compound does make a huge difference to the amount of brake dust produced. It also helps to clean the alloys once a week if needed. Poorboys wheel sealant also gives a good layer of protection to help make cleaning easier in my opinion.

As for the tarnished discs, you might try cycling the brakes as if you were bedding in new pads? Take it out on an open road, and brake hard at different speeds. Think I did 80-50, 70-40, and 60-30. Do each about three times.

Mine are usually dirty due to not using the car in the week. Soon clean up though after a long drive on the Motorway.

• Like 1

The ceramic compound does make a huge difference to the amount of brake dust produced. It also helps to clean the alloys once a week if needed. Poorboys wheel sealant also gives a good layer of protection to help make cleaning easier in my opinion.

As for the tarnished discs, you might try cycling the brakes as if you were bedding in new pads? Take it out on an open road, and brake hard at different speeds. Think I did 80-50, 70-40, and 60-30. Do each about three times.

Mine are usually dirty due to not using the car in the week. Soon clean up though after a long drive on the Motorway.

Thanks Peter...will give that a try.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links