Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possibly Off Centre Steering Wheel

So the dealers have a quick way to check/ resolve if my steering wheel is off centre?

It feels/looks VERY marginal but I am convinced the steering wheel is slightly left when the car is going straight.

Stu

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/85222-tyre-pressures/page-6#entry849570

Read this mate. In the end my YAW sensor needed to be recalibrated and steering ECU reset.

One thing to check is have you got even tyre wear all round. Even the slightest off wear rear or front will cause issues. I ruled that out as I had brand new rubber all round

Mine wasn't pulling. It was driving straight as anything. I had it WIM'd which confirmed that too. It's not covered under warranty as its not a mechanical fault. It's a so called tracking adjustment as far as the dealer is concerned. I asked about it being covered under warranty myself.

Very very slight. 1/2 a spline if that. It would drive straight and cos you lookin at the steering off centre it would play with your mind making you think car was driving to the left. If you corrected it, car would go right.

Good luck mate. My car is still under manufacture warranty till the end of Feb and it wasn't covered under that. Unless you YAW sensor is faulty or ECU is faulty they won't cover it. My issue went all the way to Lexus GB and that was my outcome, you may have more luck than me. Good luck either way.

Due to the fact that it comes under tracking and that's wear and tear as you can hit a pot hole etc to make the tracking go out. Also I you think issue was there from when you bought it you should have reported it sooner. If its just occurred now then it's not a fault. Plus due to it not bein a safety issue as its not its not covered. You can see how long I was without my car. Like I said you can try but mate its slim to none. If you had reported it a few days after you bought the car then yeah you would most likely get it sorted under warranty. You may get lucky mate and they sort it under warranty

I don't understand how it can't be?? It's not driver error or wear and tear??

Did they say why it's not covered?

Stu

Stu if the car has been tracked in the past it's possible they didn't lock the steering wheel bang on centre when they tracked it , easy fix I don't think it will be anything other than get it re tracked with the steer wheel Central mate .

Fair enough and all reasonable objections. I'll get mine booked on I think.

Thanks chap. Apprwciate the help. I also think it may have happened due to pot hole as only noticed it last week.

Stu

Thanks chap. Apprwciate the help. I also think it may have happened due to pot hole as only noticed it last week.

Stu

I'm not even going to look at mine ha bet it's the same .anyway what you doing driving looking at your steering wheel , look ahead ha .

Good luck let us know the outcome mate .

Stu

I'm not even going to look at mine ha bet it's the same .anyway what you doing driving looking at your steering wheel , look ahead ha .

Lol. Only noticed it last week. It amazing how you just pick it up. Even the slightest of angle. Just doesn't look right!

Stu

Lol. Only noticed it last week. It amazing how you just pick it up. Even the slightest of angle. Just doesn't look right!

Ha I know what you mean ,I try not to look it does my head in

If the car tracks perfectly straight but the steering wheel isn't quite straight, then that can be adjusted with the Toyota Techstream software VGRS option. It takes 2 minutes to do (I've done it on my LS460).

I believe the ISF has VGRS.

Called Toyota, agreed a 4 wheel laser allignment will be carried out to see if that rectifies the issue. If the allignment shows the car is spot on the steering wheel will be moved over as many splines as reqwuired to make it straight!

Will update on progress on Friday.

Stu

Hey Stu,

My money would be on it being a tracking issue. Probably one of the many potholes that are showing up all over the place! :(

I think a lot of the repairs have been washed out by all the rain, so hopefully it's just a minor adjustment needed.

Let us know on Friday mate.

Peter :)

Toyota called me to say the car needs to go for lexus for this work to be undertaken. They dont have the approipriate equipment to re callibrate the sensors.

They called lexus specificatlly to enquire about it after realising it is not a regular car :)

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links