Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aero Alloys

They're very soft you see, made of butter is how WIM and pristine alloys described them.

Pristine alloys were sent 170 from Lexus when they first launched the IS to correct them after customer complaints.... Pristine alloys scrapped the lot, not repairable

I've got the Aeros, last time I had tyres one of them needed 90g of weights added. It's all spot on to drive. The spare looks in good nick but don't know if it's out of balance.

I've got the Aeros, last time I had tyres one of them needed 90g of weights added. It's all spot on to drive. The spare looks in good nick but don't know if it's out of balance.

You can't balance out a bend or buckle. The one wheel that took a load of weight, is it on the back? I find if I put one of my bent rims on the back I can't feel it (except for 1 which is really bad then it thumps through the drivers seat) but as soon as even a slightly bent rim is put on the front the steering wheel shakes between 45-60mph!

The one wheel that took a load of weight, is it on the back?

It's been on the front and now the back. No vibration. There wasn't that weight on it when I had the new tyres fitted - I do remember a very slight vibration on the old tyres, but not enough to bother. I must be borderline getting away with it.

If a wheel is out of true, how can you tell - is it DIY measurable?

Look and the inside of the rim. That's where all mine bent and some are obvious but not always.

You can jack the car up, spin the wheel keeping your focus on a specific point on the suspension where the top of the wheel is and look for any up or down movement of wobble in the wheel.

3 of mine it's obvious to anybody they're bent, all over the place lol, 2 you can just and just see it jump up and down a little, and the other 4 run true.

This could also indicate out of round tyre so it's not 100% accurate. You'd be able to see it better on a balance machine

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links