Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Classic Car Insurance?

Dimmer

Can anyone tell me if they have found an insurance company willing to insure a 2002 SC on a classic type policy. Even though this is a third car, for high days and holidays on a 3000 mile policy, It's still being insured as if it was a daily driver. I've gone from paying £175 for a 5litre Merc SL to £575 for this SC, and I'm treating them both the same. I have plumped for Adrian Flux as they are the preferred insurer of this website, but would be willing to cancel and change, if it might save me a bob or two. Thanks.

Hi

I also pay 500 ,the reason for this is down to the costs of the parts in the event of a claim .there are a lot more mercs about sharing parts as such therre cheaper to source ,I got a quote for a 911 and it was 3500 so 500 seams good to me,also my van costs 750 so I'm very happy with my sc price.

I am paying under £200 with Admiral on a 2002 SC430. I have a 6000 mile limit on the car, 12 years no claims, and £500 excess. When I checked I could have got cheaper (around £159 with Zurich). I got my prices through confused,com.

I'm also with AF insurance for the Lexus and classic merc but I'll be shopping around on renewal. I find their admin fees annoying and premiums not particularly competitive.

My classic porsche is with Classicline and suggest you give them a try.

Can anyone tell me if they have found an insurance company willing to insure a 2002 SC on a classic type policy. Even though this is a third car, for high days and holidays on a 3000 mile policy, It's still being insured as if it was a daily driver. I've gone from paying £175 for a 5litre Merc SL to £575 for this SC, and I'm treating them both the same. I have plumped for Adrian Flux as they are the preferred insurer of this website, but would be willing to cancel and change, if it might save me a bob or two. Thanks.

Good point no doubt it will be a classic one day.

I only pay £250 fully comp and I have had one rather expensive claim (so only 4 years no claims left as they took 2 away for the accident, I took a trip into a pig field after hitting water on the road at night, the car was like a submarine) I expect mines low because of my age (they don't think I drive fast but I do). I am with Swiftsure. But I always shop around.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links