Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wifi Hotspot

Hi guys, do you chaps know if it is possible to get the car to remember your WiFi hotspot password? Its a real pain having to enter it each time you want to connect the car WiFi to the phone WiFi hotspot.

Might be answering my own question here.. Do I even need to use the WiFi for connected services if I have a Bluetooth connection to the phone? i.e. Can the car use the phones internet connection over Bluetooth?

I'm pretty sure in the settings there is an option to have the password remembered. I can't remember where exactly. I've always had the Iphone hotspot feature on when downloading a destination to the car so not sure if Bluetooth works, don't see why it shouldn't, but there again...

Hey David, thanks for the quick response, I have looked everywhere for the save password option but have failed miserably to find it. Next time you are messing around in your car, please can you check and let me know where it is. So, I assume then, when you enable your phone hotspot , your car just connects to it yes?

Seem to have got it working fine now with a tethered WiFi connection to the phone and it does automatically connect now without me having to re-enter the WiFi password :) It does not want to work over Bluetooth though, oh we'll WiFi it is :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links