Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The VSC off and check VSC warning has come on when the car is started following a gas service. Interestingly they said that the left bank oxygen sensor was not working as it should - it was sluggish and they suggested that I got it checked. Having looked around on the web it appears that the VSC code can be indicative of the sensor not working. Does this mean that the VSC is in fact working and it is in fact the oxygen sensor that needs replacing?In any event I will take it in to Lexus but wondered if any others have had experience of this?

Thanks

Barry

So before you had the gas service done there were no warnings lights illuminated and since the service these have appeared?

I wouldn't be asking Lexus,who have in the past refused to work on LPG cars, I would be asking the company who did the service to explain why after they have done work on your previously good running car these warnings are now present and then asking them to put the car back to the same condition as when it was brought into them initially ay their own expense.

How did they check the performance of the O2 sensor they say is "sluggish" the only way I know is to use an oscilloscope to check the output waveform otherwise the diagnosis appears to be a complete guess.

I the garage that carried out your Lpg service put your car on a 2 post ramp then as the body is raised and the wheels come off the ground if the ride height/ headlamp adjusters have not been lubricated on a regular basis then they can become dislodged or even break (as I've seen many times). The safest way to check is back on a ramp .... The fact that the car may have been put on a ramp to carry out the LPG service and an unserviced part of the car my have broken really can't be blamed on the garage. Andy

This happened to my '51' GS300 after the LPG'er used his code reader and triggered the VSC lights. He said his reader was only doing the gas and it wasn't his fault but every time I took it back after having the VSC lights turned off it triggered the VSC lights again. I was taking it back as the EML light was on and he was tweaking the gas trims so the EML light would stay off permanently. I did get the 'paper clip' solution where by you short 2 connections on the OBD socket from a member on here . I think its in the GS300 section. I'll look for it and let you know.

I had the car lpg serviced and they changed the spark plugs. They measured the output mixture adjusment coming from the engine ecu and it showed that one side was slow to respond to changing the mixture as the engine speed was varied. He thought this was probably a sensor problem. He could not explain why the VSC had started coming on and said it must be a coincidence.

There are postings elsewhere on the net that say that the VSC error code can also mean that oxygen sensors are not working. I assume that a proper coded analysis of the error will explain this.

I take your point about putting back as it was. My car is serviced regularly by Lexus but they will not touch the gas parts but will service everything else. The gas can be fully turned off to check it.

The car was not jacked up to service it.

Hi All,

I have also had this "check VSC" warning light come onto my IS250 at the weekend. It was in at Lexus Glasgow on Friday and had it's service (interim). On Saturday I then drove to Newcastle and the car never missed a beat. On the way back I stopped at a petrol station about 20 miles from Carlisie and put in Shell V power. Everything was fine until I got to Gretna and the warning light suddenly came on. It included the abs light and the traction control one but I am sure the main engine management light did not come on. I had just passed a services so drove to the next one about 26 miles away. During the run the car performed as it had all day and there was no clear issues with performance. When I got to the services I stopped the car and restarted it and the lights were still on. I quickly checked the internet and noticed that a lot of people were saying this can be caused by the fuel cap not being screwed on correctly. I got out and reapplied the cap. When I started the car again the light was still on. However about 1 mile up the motorway the light suddenly went off and it never reappeared for the remaining 65 miles. Over the remainder of the weekend I have been out for short runs (to shops etc) and it has never came back on. So fingers crossed it has gone away, however it was very concerning to see it in the first place especially given the fact it was lashing down when rain on the motorway and the car was telling me I had no abs or traction control.

I had the car lpg serviced and they changed the spark plugs. They measured the output mixture adjusment coming from the engine ecu and it showed that one side was slow to respond to changing the mixture as the engine speed was varied. He thought this was probably a sensor problem. He could not explain why the VSC had started coming on and said it must be a coincidence.

There are postings elsewhere on the net that say that the VSC error code can also mean that oxygen sensors are not working. I assume that a proper coded analysis of the error will explain this.

I take your point about putting back as it was. My car is serviced regularly by Lexus but they will not touch the gas parts but will service everything else. The gas can be fully turned off to check it.

Working on the basis that their code reader triggered your VSC lights, have a look on the GS300 forum for the 17th September 2013 under 39buss VSC lights. It may help.

Working on the basis that their code reader triggered your VSC lights, have a look on the GS300 forum for the 17th September 2013 under 39buss VSC lights. It may help.

Using a code reader WILL NOT trigger an error as they only read and clear and do not adjust any settings. so someone has been telling you porkies 39buss

As for the LPG service you said that he changed the plugs too and also altered the fuel trims <<<<<<<<<<< there is your problem

Plugs may be the wrong ones as well.

Just out of curiosity what plugs are now installed ??

Adam, after the LPG'er plugged into the OBD under the dash to switch off the EML light and then plugged into the LPG ECU to tweak the gas by 5%, I started the car and the VSC lights were on. On the 3 other occassions I visited him to switch off the EML and tweak the gas the VSC lights came on and each time he said it had nothing to do with him or his equipment. Strange coincidence, dont you think. Each time I turned the VSC off by the 'paper clip' method provided by a very knowledgeable member on the LOC forum after I'd posted my problems in the GS300 section. No porkies intended I'm sure. It's probably over 2 months now and the EML light has stayed OFF.

My car went into Lexus today and they identified that the problem was the deceleration sensor. Apparently when I had the Battery changed the steering had not been cantered which can upset the sensor. Anyway they re set it and the car is now fine. It was collected and delivered back fixed - and valeted at no cost! I was very impressed. Sometimes there is some goodwill if you have your car serviced regularly at a garage. This was Lexus Cheltenham.

Barry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links