Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Cambelt Plus Extras

Morango

I am looking at doing my cambelt, the car has done 120k and just wondering what else is worth changing while i do it, water pump etc? Also will change the 3 belts.

Cheers

Cambelt,water pump,tensioner,idler and O ring

Where is the o ring seal located and anyone got a part number for it as my main dealer didn't know what I am after?

Thanks.Lee.

hi I think the o rings referred to are the ones on the by pass tube that go from the water pump to the cylinder block

Can you do a pic of it's location please as nobody seems to know or at least nobody is replying to the o rings location?

Thanks.Lee.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to toyota, they said there is no point changing the tensioner, idler or waterpump unless they are noisey...

£75 gets me the cambelt with the 3 other belts or £350 odd for the other bits aswell.

the guy was saying its not like a ford or a vauxall engine where you must change the tensioner or they will break :p

would still replace water pump though cheaper in the long run,but choice is yours,probably find that water pump may go in the next 6/12 months

Toyota a full of it, sorry.

I've seen two brand new cambelts chewed up by (silent) old tensioner and idler. Changing the belt and not changing them is foolish! Unbelievable that they say that. Lexus Bristol wouldn't change my belt without doing the tensioner and idler!!

The reason to get your water pump done at the same time is because if it does go, and it will, you said yourself it's the original on the car, then you save labour charge as they have to remove everything around there when doing the cambelt anyway so it'll just cost you the cost of the water pump (about £120)

To replace water pump including labour is about £300 so you stand to save £170 in the long run.

Hi as chris said change the lot at that mileage if you don't do the water pump at least do the idler and tensioner as I have seen two is200 come in the workshop where the idler and tensioner have not been replaced and the belt had worn down to 10 mm wide and both owners said the belt had not long been replaced

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links