Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Petrol Gauge Problem?

Galee

Hi I have a 1992 Soarer 2.5 TT Auto in Pearl white But I have discovered the petrol gauge is not working when I put the ignition on it flashes for a bout 3-4 mins then just reads empty all the time even when I fill it up it stays the same has anyone every had the same problem or know how I can fix it?

Thanks for any help.

hmm I am wondering if you are suffering from blinkey dash.. very common problem in soarers.. nearly all have it

does the odometer work? nothing else flashes?

If it is blinky dash then I know someone that can fix it for good.. but its about £150

other places charge £400 +

or if you electronically minded then you can do it for about £4.50 if you are really good with a soldering iron. But once its starts it does get worse. If you do solder it yourself and break it then its a £2K part!

Hi No it's not blinky dash I had a soarer last month that had blinky dash when you turned the ignition on the odometer was fine then I would suddenly go. I did manage to fix it myself by soldering in the capacitors and transistor. But this is just the petrol gauge and nothing else just wondering if it could be a faulty sender unit?

Galee

hi galee

i would think you are on the right track looking at the sender unit first

i have never tried to get one out of a soarer yet but i wouldent think it is to duificult. if you don,t want to tackle it yourself pop it into a toyota dealer and get it checked out,

regarding blinking dash my 4ltr gt/l has just developed it and i am going to tackle it this weekend , got all the bits from maplins , and am going to change all the capacitors as the chances are they are starting to break down . i'm also going to clean all the mirrors and screens , and check out

the lamps .

i have got a comprehensive set of instructions copied off the australian soc

including how to drop the steering wheel etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links