Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sport Grill

AUFC

The grille Ian linked to and the grille on an IS200 sport are not the same thing. The grille on an IS200 Sport is the same as the grilles on the S and SE models.

No, the mesh one was the "Sport" grill.

Check with your local dealer if they still have your colour left. They sold them for much less than the price on that eBay one when they had stock left.

The "Sport" grille and the factory fitted grille to a 'Sport' are two different things. All IS's left the factory with the same grille fitted - this one;

2ey8hu1.png

The grille in the link is an aftermarket grille, albeit one made and supplied by Toyota. It's part of a body styling kit they called "Sport" - but is actually nothing to do with the moniker 'Sport' as applied to the IS200 model (of which there was S, SE, and Sport). Some IS's came from the dealers wearing that grille, if it was specified as an option, and some were fitted with it after market.

That's why I said "Sport" grill, as it is generally accepted as the 'Sport' version. You are one picky mofo sometimes mate, which can be utterly unhelpful in a thread when you know exactly what he was meaning ;) :)

I'm sorry you feel that way. Read the OP's opening line - "What is the difference between the grill I have on mine than the grill on a Sport?"

That suggests, at least to me, that he's asking whats the difference between the grill on his IS200 Sportcross and the grille on an IS200 Sport. The answer is nothing - they are the same.

The reason I mentioned about the "Sport" named aftermarket grille and the 'Sport' model grille is because I, like many others, assumed that the 'Sport' version of the IS had the grille you linked to, when I was initially looking at IS's to buy, and it was pointed out to me they don't. So I'm pointing it out here so the OP learns the same info. I'd hate it if he bought a grille from an "IS200 Sport" off the internet, only for it to arrive and be exactly the same as the one he has!

And no disrespect to the OP, but he also asked the difference between a V6 and straight-six, so I can only assume he isn't what we'd call "clued up" with cars, hence me being painstakingly clear in my replies.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links