Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Springs

gibbsy1

hi all, i have an is300 what springs would you recomend so the car sits lower to close the gap on the arches and wheel,

i dont want to pay an arm and a leg, but anything reasonable is fine, ive looked on eBay and not sure of which ones, so your thoughts are welcome.

regards dave

is the ride a lot firmer or just enough to know its been done,

ive had an r32 and a 330 msport and they were quiet firm and wouldn't want to go firmer than them,

regards dave

Yup....the ride is a lot firmer. It's certainly not unbearable , but definitely makes bad bumps feel worse. Also, a problem I have noticed is that I have two passengers in the back seat plus a boot full of stuff, the car drops really low...with the wheels tucked into the wheel arches. This obviously brings the under carriage very close to the ground and calls for some really careful driving :-(

Word on the street is that the Eibach springs will give you a more comfortable ride...but I have never used them on a IS myself....

Had Eibachs on mine since I bought it nearly 5 years ago. The ride is hardly changed but on the road it feels a lot better. I have added Eibach roll bars and that is like driving a different car. Am putting Eibach spacers on next week, 15 at the front and 20 at the back so see how that feels and looks.

• Like 2

Hi J,

I will post some pics when the spacers are on. The shocks are the original ones, I haven't changed them as all the comments on here seem to suggest pretty much everything else on the market is a bit hard and I don.t want to ruin the ride. I may just invest in a new set of standard ones as I am sure after 10 years the originals are a bit worn.

Cool - looking forward to the pics with the spacers on. Would be nice if you can can post before and after pics when you fit the spacers as I also considering fitting spacers on my stock wheels.

Had the spacers put on at the weekend, pics will follow. If you haven't done it already then it is something fairly cheap you can do which changes the whole look for the better. I have had 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rears, with hindsight, the rear would probably takes 25's but its done now. I went with Eibachs to match the springs and roll bars and because of their reputation.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links