Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Had them fit mine last Thursday.

They're coming back tomorrow to reassemble the glove box correctly.

They're also re-siting the antennae from the rear window as when you put the rear screen demister on, the radio cut out.

Hopefully they'll find the fixing hole where the clip that was rolling around the passenger footwell came from.

Pictures on their facebook page showing my LS460 which they describe as a GS430.

Apart from that, the reception on the DAB really is good.

Turns out the engineer shouldn't have fitted the aerial to the front screen. Visiting again next Friday to hopefully sort by resiting to rear screen - but I see from another post on here that that may not be successful.

If it can't go,on the front or rean screens what are the other options?

Hi Keith, I got exactly this problem with my DAB aerial, can't affix to rear screen because of the rising sun blind but feel the HRW may cause reception issues when on as Graham has found. I am considering having a good quality roof aerial fitted which hopefully will also improve FM reception which has always been awfull as mine only uses the element in the rear screen as the aerial. I just use a Pure Highway in the centre armrest which is good enough for the cricket (until the Aussies remembered how to play)not sure if a dual aerial has a separate cable for DAB reception?

Please keep us posted Tony

Fitter returned Friday and reassembled the glove box correctly. Aerial in rear window will cut out when HRW is switched on, can't be solved. Two options, 1;Don't use the HRW when DAB is on. 2;Fit aerial to front window.

Fitter had the aerial in his van on the front, but I really didn't like the look of it. Decided to leave it on the rear,don't really use the HRW that often.

No issues with the rear blind.

DAB reception is perfect.

Hi I recently had a pioneer double din installed in my Soarer and i have to say the DAB radio sounds amazing the aerial is fitted to the front screen passenger side and is hardly noticeable.

I have a pure highway in my works vehicle and the reception cuts in and out especially in rural areas the pioneer has not lost any reception anywhere.

I had a reversing camera installed at the same time which was well worth the extra ££`s.

This is turning into a nightmare! What a shambles!

After reporting the problem on Friday 21st one of their people called me on Saturday 22nd as agreed and established that the fitter had wrongly positioned the aerial. I made them aware in the email that it needed sorting on the morning of Friday 28th. No problem they say.

On Sunday the contact confirmed by email that the fitter had been advised of the remedial work - and assured me that the boot release (which the fitter had disconnected) would also be sorted.

Late on Monday afternoon I get a message to call their Aaran Cunningham, do so, but as he starts to speak to me another call comes into his office - which he takes!!! Dreadful PR!

And promises to call me straight back. Doesn't!!

Emailed in on Tuesday morning as nothing heard.

Still nothing heard by 4pm so email in again. Aaran immediately replies by email telling me he will be in touch shortly "to offer me an appointment!"

10 minutes later he emails to say that "when he provisionally gave me a date of Friday afternoon yesterday" he didn't acknowledge that the engineer "he had in mind" was off in the afternoon and fully booked in the morning.

I hate being lied to! He not only hadn't had the courtesy to call me back on the Monday he then says he gave me a provisional date. Difficult as he hadn't contacted me!!!

I've messaged and texted every contact I can find there - this is no way to treat a customer.

Could I recommend them? Well I've paid for something that doesn't work and their support service is lacking. Not good!

• 2 weeks later...

I received a call from one of the company owners who was more than apologetic about the level of service his organisation had provided. He was clearly unaware of the real world issues - but he is now!

Without asking he offered and arranged a £50 refund, nice, but I was more concerned about getting my car sorted. He also arranged for the tech director to visit me at a time of my choosing to resolve the fitting issue.

The tech guy duly arrived from Derby, I'm in Essex, couldn't have been more apologetic. Excellent guy. More importantly he tried a number of different solutions and finally fitted a smaller aerial to the front screen - and wow! Problem solved.

So from the dab option point of view it is a great solution, the reception and quality is superb. It was just a bruising experience to get there.

Think it's a classic case of an organisation being exposed by a weak link.

I have the direct no's for the top guys, they willingly offered them, they certainly did what they said they would, and it's not for me to tell them how to fix their company. But oh, there really are people there who aren't best suited to front line customer service.

Despite all the grief they'd already caused me and before the MD spoke with me I'd made the customer services people aware that it needed sorting on a Friday. Typically their rep called me back and asked me "why it had to be a Friday" as if I was being unreasonable! As a mild mannered Lexus driver I politely told the rep what he could do with his question! The MD's groan when I told him of this part of the experience was painful,to hear.

Would I use them again? Yes but only through their top guys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links